IELTS ; Leading a Simple Life helps protect our environment?

Lorica 3 / 6 2  
Some people think we should live a simpler life in order to protect the environment, while others believe science and technology can solve environmental problems. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

It is inevitable and undeniable that our environment has been seriously polluted in recent years. What under controversy is whether we should live a simpler life or using the science and technology to protect the environment. To be frank, both sides have their merits and demerits.

To start with, a simpler life can definitely help us a more environmentally living circumstance because of the less produced pollution and the less used resources. Besides, a simpler life may lead people a healthier life style. We can choose some simple activities such as hiking, running and swimming instead of watching TV at home. In that case, it can not only help us to save resources but also give us a great situation to share time with our friends and family, which also lead us a better mood in protect the environment.

On the other hand, the beneficial which brought to us by science and technology can be seen obviously. More and more technical equipment appears in our daily lives and absolutely make our society move on in a faster speed. Besides, those high-tech products attract more attention from the others to our country. Just think of the newly robot created by our scientists, which attract the notice from many foreign countries and it also brings a great economic beneficial to our country. In that case, we can not only protect the environment by using the high-tech products, but also have more money to spend on our environmental protection.

In my opinion, both views have their own advantages and disadvantages. A simpler life can reduce the let out pollution while it also takes many kinds of entertainment activities away from us. We produce high-tech products to protect the environment unaware that the environment had been seriously polluted by our productive process. Facing this situation, I suppose that if we combine those two views together, which means release the pollution made by the production and experience a simpler life now and then. In that case our environment problems would probably be better solved.

In conclusion, I think we should not rely on simpler lives or science and technology only, but try to receive the merits from both of them, then a better environment would be developed more easily.
It is inevitable and undeniable that our environment has been seriously polluted in recent yearsdecades .

.... I think the word "decade" is more appropriate because it's been happening for sometime at a faster pace.

a simpler life

simplified life .... "simple life" sounds even better

To start with, a simpler life can definitely help us a more environmentally living circumstance because of the less produced pollution and the less used resources.

To begin with, a simple life would certainly help us leading a more environmentally friendly life because such living would not have many complicated requirements that consume more resources and create more pollution.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ; Leading a Simple Life helps protect our environment?