Learners have different preference s ; Self assessment

rsantiago 1 / -  
In the educational setting, there are difference ways that learners use to learn and use information. There are learners that are extremely quiet in class, but learners tend to reflect and way to process information. However, other need to enter information for immediate use and to solve problems. and a way to learn information. However, learners are able to adapt easily to different learning strategies based on learners experience and different learning situation that learners find themselves. By understanding the learning preference and style, learners become more aware and capable of adjusting to a different situation thorough the journey of the doctoral program as learners.

As a learner, I learned to determine what are my strengths and weakness. Through of years as a learner, I was able to identify my learning style, and ways to learn best in different learning experiences. I acknowledge that I am visual/right-brained or holistic learner, which I have to use different techniques or skills in order to understand the concept such as mapping, see examples, color-coding or capture the main ideas or large picture. Also, I learned to incorporate environmental factors that can affect my learning style such as time of day, level of sound, schedule of the classes, study sessions preferences, and size group studies. I am doctoral degree journey to learn and incorporate my knowledge, ideas, and experiences learned throughout of years in my personal career and own personal life. In this process, I learn other techniques or experiences to help me to apply knowledge of the nonprofit organization field and how can be more effective to provide services to the communities. Also, I want to learn other strategy that will work more effectively beside visual/right-brained.

Getting a doctoral studies degree can be an immensely rewarding experience, both personally and professionally. Being a successful doctoral studies student, however, can be more complicated than some expect. Being a doctoral studies student means finding balance in some areas of life, working hard, making connections with others and cultivating certain personality traits necessary to succeed in my program of choice. Some of the strategies that I will apply to complete successful my doctorate is to build a relationship with a good supervisor, mentor or coach early, prepare myself to work hard for long periods of time, connect with other graduate students to share experiences and able to get advice from them, take care of myself by taking short breaks such as holidays, weekends, and exercise regularly, being cultivating knowledge in my field early. I will start by reading all of the literature I can in my area of specialization. Also, I will attend to different conferences in my field to find out what questions or research currently predominate the field. I have to find ways to motivate myself when I feel burnt out or are pulling all-nighter. I will use a rewards system or remind myself of my professional goals are two such ways to do so. I have to prepare myself to compete with my friends on a certain level. It means that I have to try not to let this remarkable aspect interfere with my personal life.

One of the biggest concerns that I have to complete my doctorate is time and financial management along with professional obligations and various personal aspects are all significant factors contributing to failure to complete the degree. Another factor can be financial concerns and the inability to obtain information and resources to address these concerns. Some of the strategies that I will take into consideration and implement early on in my doctorate are to identify research interest as early as possible and begin to work on the early stage of the program. Also, I will begin to keep a dissertation progress log to ensure that I am in the correct path to finish my doctorate successful. I will give careful consideration to choosing my dissertation chair and committee members. In conclusion, to obtain a doctored will help me to incorporate an understanding of the global economy and the environment in my professional and personal life.

One of the topics that I am interesting for my dissertation is the Effectiveness of the Latino nonprofit organization providing services to their communities particularly in the State of New Jersey. The researcher has selected the above dissertation topic due to the researcher works in a nonprofit organization as a Deputy Director. As a result of my professional experience, I can testify on how critical and powerful the services that nonprofit organizations provide to their communities are. I work for ASPIRA, Inc. of New Jersey, which was founded on 1968 with the mission of to counsel, educate and develop the leadership potential of youth, so that they will become empower individuals who make significant contributions to society in general and to the community in particular. ASPIRA endeavors to imbue youth with a strong, positive sense of self-worth; an appreciation for the value of education; an understanding of the importance of their own contributions and commitment to the community; an awareness of the responsibilities and the skills needed for leadership; and an appreciation for their cultural heritage. One of my observations in the nonprofit organization field is that nonprofit organizations tend to work on their own territories. However, the Latino nonprofit organizations do not tend to collaborate as one identity to tell their stories successfully on providing services to the Latino communities. Other topics of interest for my thesis that are related to the nonprofit organization world are the Organizational servant leadership and its relationship to Latino nonprofit organization effectiveness or how the leadership can be effective in the community based organizations. Some of my personal fears and challenges on writing the concept paper are the use of the proper research methodologist in my dissertation. I tried to incorporate a few of research methodologist together such as a case study, focus groups, interviews, and survey. The purpose of combining the above research methodologies is to have a better grasping and understanding of the operations, collection of the data, and reporting system of the Latino nonprofit organizations.
Leah_Writer - / 46 4  
You have really good ideas here, but in many cases you don't have complete sentences. Sometimes, it's just a small difference in terms of tense or agreement. For example, in the first sentence, you want "different" ways, not "difference" ways. I would recommend reading each sentence out loud to yourself and making sure it has a subject and a verb, and sounds correct to you. I think you'll find several easy to fix mistakes that will make your writing easier to read. I hope that helps!

Home / Writing Feedback / Learners have different preference s ; Self assessment