IELTS TASK 2: Learning the culture of other countries by watching or traveling

Anaguna 21 / 27 5  
Some people say that you can learn more about another country by watching television programmes and film about it than by actually visiting it.
How true is this statement? Is there anything you can learn about another country by visiting it that you cannot learn by watching programmes about it?

Deeply learning about the foreign country by watching production on TV is meaningful for many people. While this is acceptable to some extent since it more effective and efficient to learn other countries, I utterly believe that directly go to the overseas will acquire real experience and fully understanding regarding the human race of certain nation.

Some people are always on the lookout for the characteristics of the nation by watching a program of documentaries lived on screen. This is because it can easier to know without spending much cost and lots of time. For instance, numerous people watch documentaries on the National Geography Channel in order to know about the feature of countries. In this programme, the viewers can enhance their thought about the human and other creatures as the points of the country. Therefore, grappling with television leads the mankind to get broaden-minded.

However, it is not really practicable because of many reasons. Firstly, people cannot more explanation about the country by visiting since there is a shred of exposition on the documentaries and it is shown only in a few minutes. Additionally, being in a present in the country can make people achieving more experience about the personality of the local people and also their behavior since they will get in conversing directly. Thus, people can explore more though by visiting the country.

To sum up, although watching documentaries are the simple way to know about other countries indeed, I believe that it could be more understandable when people go through in the destination to discuss the country with the native. Where possible, people should be attractive to the occupant so as to expand massive information in overseas.
nelarizka79 16 / 21 1  
Hi, I'd like to give some corrections to your essay and I'll try my best.

Deeply learning about the foreign country by [...] regarding the human race of certain nation.

It would be better for you to write it like this.

Some people consider that watching several television programmes and movies enable us to know more about foreign country rather than visit it directly, I extremely object this assumption. I prefer going abroad will affect us more.
adeclara 5 / 6 1  
Dear writer, you have written a very good essay, but I have some corrections for your writing.

1. "I utterly believe that directly go to the overseas ". You should write "go overseas ".

2. "National Geography Channel". Do you mean "National Geographic Channel "?

3. "about the human and other creatures as the points of the country."

4. "people cannot (where is your main verb?) more explanation about the country"

5. "people cannot more explanation about the country by visiting (are you sure with the word 'visiting'? I think it should be 'only watching tv programmes' instead) since there is a shred of exposition on the documentaries and it is shown only in a few minutes."

6. "being in a present in the country can make people achieving ACHIEVE more experience"
dina79 20 / 26 3  
Deeply learning about the foreign country by watching ...

This is my suggestion for your alternative
The majority of people do not have efficient time to visit the country and they consider that observe the television programme better to learn about it. While it is true that the whole people have myriad knowledege about the other country through the television, the several people argue that the real visiting abroad is the best way to learn the humanity or policy of government in another place

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: Learning the culture of other countries by watching or traveling