Task 2: Learning English and learning local languages

hangnguyenn 2 / 3  

Couple global or multiple local languages?

Learning English at school is often seen as more important than local languages.If these are not taught, many are at risk of dying out.

In your opinion, is it important for everyone to learn English? Should we try to ensure the survival of local languages and, if so, how?

Recently, there has been an on going debate on whether learning English is as important as learning local languages and should we make effort to preserve the existence of local languages. From my perspectives, English as well as local languages plays a crucial part in many aspects in the near future.

English has its own reason to become a compulsory subject at school. Mastering English, students can increase their chances of further education as they wish to study aboard. It can also improve students' job opportunities in the future career. Moverover, English plays an important role in globalization. In the near future, sections such as the world's economy or cultural exchange will mainly used English as a means of communication between countries.

However, it does not mean that local languages are no longer necessary to learn. We should ensure the survival of these languages to maintain cultural diversity.. Additionally, these languages are still part of some community in the world. In order to save these languages from extinction, we could publish books or make documentaries about the local languages and the government should make these languages a compulsory subject at school too.

In conclusion, English and local languages have the same importance in the language education as well as cultural diveristy and globalization
DiepVu99 10 / 21 9  
Firstly, i'm not sure that 2 points are given to debate or discuss, they seem to be to find out the solutions for this issue. And in your opinion, you should express your idea specifically for both the questions required. In the second paragraph, the topic sentence claimed something quite different from the importance of learning English and definitely not related to the requirement.

Moreover, your examples that you use to convince seem to be failed because after you give them, you did not explain their advantages or interpret obviously.

Additionally, your vocabulary and grammar are also needed to improve.
Hope that you will try harder to get the goal.
It will not be useful for me to review your paper beyond your prompt paraphrase errors. The essay isn't going to get a passing score anyway. Why? The minimum word requirement for the Task 2 essay is 250 words. You wrote only 213 words. That will result in a significant word percentage deduction that will prevent you from achieving a proper passing score overall for this presentation.

Your prompt paraphrase did not accurately respond to the discussion questions outline. You were asked if it was important for everyone to learn English, you did not respond to that question. You were also asked if the survival of other local languages should be ensured and how it should be done. You did not respond to that question either. Yes, you provided a response to 2 questions in your restatement. Unfortunately, these were the wrong answers because you were not answering the right questions. You created a prompt deviation for the 2 questions, which would result in your response being unrelated to the task in the TA section. This error would further ensure a failing score for your presentation.
OP hangnguyenn 2 / 3  
@DiepVu99
imt rying to get a score of 6.0-6.5 writing so can you tell me is my essay not good enough to get that score?

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: Learning English and learning local languages