Learning by a failure? Mistakes can teach you a lesson.

Hafsa257 7 / 21  

Learning starts with failure; the first failure is the beginning of education

People who always get good grades can after some time become overconfident. I would say it's rather a human nature that makes you think that if you score at top of your class once or twice you'll score the same next time without trying hard. In this view of point one might think what John Hersey wrote is correct.

The thing one might realize from a failure is that they have to try harder. Of course some might never realize this and continue on the same wrong path. No one will ever learn if they are always at the top, never failing because no one is perfect in this world. But for people to learn something they first have to admit that they have failed and try harder next time not to fail.

I once scored high in my academics and I was really glad. In my next academic exam I hardly studied and ended up with poor grades. I learned that in order to receive good grades I have to study harder. The fun fact that I came across was that even though my mother would always tell me and my brother to work hard I would never pay much attention but after receiving bad grades I realized how important it is to work hard. So in contrary, learning definitely starts with failure and the first failure is the beginning of education.

In the end life is an extremely hard hurdle that we have to overcome. Giving how no one is perfect everyone will face failure more than once in their lives so at that time it's better to learn something from it and only then will you start climbing the stairs of growth.
khanhvnntc 1 / 4  
Your writing skill is so good. I believe that you have a lot of failures in writing that now you can apply to your essay effectively.

I recommend that you should use more conjunctions in your essay. In addition, I do not agree with your opinions that failures can make people to work harder since some ones can be encouraged by their high scores that they get in their classes without failures and study or work better to get higher scores. In contrast, people can be driven to despair when they have got failures at the start.
minhthu121 2 / 5  
I don't know much about this kind of essay so I can only point out your grammar and vocab mistakes. Hopefully, someone else will give you feedback about the writing style.

It should be "... grades can after some time sometimes become ..."

"... or twice, you'll score ...". Remember to put a comma when use conditional.

view of point => point of view

It should be "But for people to learn learning something ..."

So in contrary=> On the contrary/ By contrast

"In the end, life is an...". A comma is compulsory
Ishtiaqurrahman 2 / 3  
Some things to think about;

1) Throughout your essay you stated that Education itself is the first failure. However, i think you meant that a failure in education, as in getting bad grades, is the first failure for anyone. If my thinking is correct then please do append the 'education is the start of faliure' bit.

2) You need to maintain parallelism in tenses. For instance, when youre talking about the past you should mostly (if not always) use past tense like 'was' 'did' etc.

3) Last line; it should be 'Given' not 'Giving'
I am not sure if this is simply an English writing exercise, a college application essay, or an opinion piece on a general topic. Kindly indicate what sort of application the essay is for next time so I can give a better review of your work. In the meantime, here is what I have come up with.

You forgot to use a comma in the presentation "... at the top of your class one or , twice ..."

You do not say "In this view of point." It is always "In this point of view". By the way, you forgot to use a comma after the introduction "In this view of point ,one might think..." and "Of course ,some might..." , including "In my academic exam, I...", you also need to use if after the word; "So ,in contrary... "

Avoid contractions in academic writing such as : It's should be "It is", always go for formality. You are not writing a friendly letter here, you are writing an academic opinion essay.

The rest of the grammar errors pertain to sentence clarity and presentation. Unfortunately, I will have to rewrite the whole essay for you to do that. I am not allowed, by forum rules, to rewrite the whole essay for a student. However, I feel that I have given you enough corrections with your grammar to help set you on the right path next time. Please do more sentence building exercises. It will pay off for you in the long run.
OP Hafsa257 7 / 21  
Thank you all for your feedback. You see this is an essay from SAT. I am only 13 years old but I was writing this essay for better understanding. I will be careful of the mistakes that I have done.

Thank you so much.

Home / Writing Feedback / Learning by a failure? Mistakes can teach you a lesson.