Learning foreign language as early as possible for children future - ielts Task 2 Writing

yon959 6 / 7 4  
Task 2 Topic

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

My Writing

Language is a way to communicate with others. Mother language is what we use since we born while foreign language is the mean to interact with people from other places. Learning language is important in the modern globalization era but I strongly oppose the idea of children learning second language too early. This idea will cause dramatic negative impact to the children.

First of all, children is supposed to absorb as much as surrounding information as their first priority. They should learn the world colour and the beauty of playing with classmates. Their times should be consumed on playing and creating new ideas. Learning foreign language is an extra task and may restrict them from understanding the world.

Secondly, some scientists have already supported that children should learn other languages after they could manage their mother language. The reason is that they will be confused on which language should be used when they meet people. They will not be confident and fear to speak to others. This causes social barrier.

Finally, most of the parents are not bilingual speakers. Learning the poor accents and incorrect grammar from the parent, children may have an incorrect concept on the foreign language and eventually, they could not manage neither the foreign language nor the mother language.

To summarize, learning foreign language is the modern trends in this society. However, children learn it too early will not benefit much but will cause other side effects. The drawbacks could not compensate the advantages associated with. Parents and government should focus on children learning mother language before start any other foreign languages.
MaximKlopunov99 13 / 22 4  
Hello Yon,
The essay is well-written, the content is well-balanced, BUT in the task it was said to give advantages and disadvantages. You write only about the latter.

Here are some corrections:
-mother languagenative language/mother tongue
-children isare supposed
- ... isare the modern trends ...
-Their times ...

Best wishes,
Maxim.
Hi Yon, first of all, WELCOME to the Essay Forum Family, I am happy to WELCOME yet another member of this fantastic and helpful website. I have been a member for over a year now and believe it or not, I learn everyday in this website more than I ever learned in the four corners of my classroom.

Now, going back to your essay, I must say that you have nailed the necessary process of creating a well written essay, the introduction, the body of the essay and the final paragraph. However, the last two paragraphs can be summarized as one in order for you to be able to cut back on the length of the essay without compromising the right idea that needs to be included in the essay.

I would also like to note that I agree on the idea of having the children learn a second or foreign language early on, this will not only help them later on in life but it will open their little minds to other culture, as they say, learning others culture does not necessarily mean that you have to go and travel, you can learn it as well through studying their language.

I wish to review more of your essays and writing projects soon.

Home / Writing Feedback / Learning foreign language as early as possible for children future - ielts Task 2 Writing