Is learning history important? - essay

je2ks2 19 / 10  
topic: A lot of people agree that studying history is import!ant. On the other hand, there are some who believe that there is no use studying events that have already happened. Therefore, they think that schools should stop teaching history. What is your opinion? Support your opinion with examples and relevant explanations.

Some people are saying that we do not need to study history since studying events in the past is no use. However, learning history is very worthwhile and has a significant meaning to us. There are several reasons why I believe this.

To begin with, we are living in a part of history now. It means that the present, which is to become the past as the moment passes, can not be apart from history. Some people may assume that the past is something happened long time ago. However, it is only partially true. Yesterday, or even a minute ago becomes a part of history. Thus, if we believe that studying history is no use, we admit that we are living lives which will become meaningless in the future.

In addition, we learn many things from the past. History is not an obsolete thing. Rather, it gives us valuable lessons which help to make our lives better. For instance, we definitely know how tragic the result of the war is from the cases of World War and Civil war in the history. From the devastating events in the past, we come to know the war can never be justified whatever causes are.

Finally, history reveals who we really are. There is an old saying 'Like father, like son', which indicates the importance of knowing who our forefathers are like. Our lives are so much the reflection of theirs. That is, by carefully looking at their ways of thinking or their attitudes, we will have a better understanding of ourselves.

In conclusion, we should appreciate learning history since it has significant value itself. First, the moment we are living now is a part of history. Also, history teaches us valuable lessons, so that we will not do the same thing wrong ever again! Lastly, we learn more about ourselves through history by seeing the lives of our forefathers. Therefore, studying history should be encouraged at all coats.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You have written a very good essay! Here are some editing suggestions for you:

cannot be apart from history.

Some people may assume that the past is something which happened long time ago.

For instance, we definitely know how tragic the result of war is from the cases of World Wars I and II and the Civil war in our history. From the devastating events in the past, we come to know that war can never be justified whatever the causes are.

Best of luck in your studies!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP je2ks2 19 / 10  
thank you again! your editing really helps! Have a wonderful day :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Is learning history important? - essay