Learning online is sometimes a necessity: the pros and cons

diemanhN 1 / -  

Demand for online schooling

Today, while Coronavirus is declared a Global Health Emergency, school closures are naturally unavoidable. This educational issue has led to soaring demand for interactive apps in electronic devices to learn online. In my point of view, it is undeniable that this trend will create several benefits but there will be some drawbacks as well.

On the one hand, the greatest advantage is able to enhance the ability of self-study. It is of significant, which is a useful learning method which plays a major role in expanding knowledge. For instance, a large number of students will be strongly motivated to study due to encouraging their curiosity. In addition, what makes this crucial is the student's comfort. They would not feel fully strained because of sitting in front of their teacher, they can learn in their favorite place with a bright and pleasant feelings. Therefore, it is still possible for learners to keep their learning pace without attending school.

On the other hand, a negative aspect of this is the lack of discipline. It seems that some students need to be strictly supervised, thus this way would not be useful for them. They may play games, read books or eat, so on while learning so the quality of that might be reduced. Another minus point for this is about the teachers. It seems that they may isolate some quiet students in the class, only by studying with a phone can those teachers get in touch with all the learners. I think that it is quite difficult and nearly impossible for them.

In conclusion, every coin has its two sides so does learning online. Despite a few drawbacks that still exists, I strongly believe that it is still more beneficial than harmful.
I am not sure if this was written as a Task 2 essay or as a simple English writing exercise. Do me a favor next time and let me know what the discussion instructions are? That way I will know how to approach the review of your completed work. For now, I'll do what i can for you.

Familiarize yourself with UK English eccentricities. They love to use the letter U in their word spelling such as in the word favorite (favourite). You need to know the different ways of spelling UK and American English because it can help increase your LR score. While allowances will be given for American spelling, showing a familiarity with the UK difference can work in your favor. When writing an academic paper, always use formal references. Hence "get in touch with" should be "contact" instead. Remember that an Oxford comma must be used when writing a series of related words. You forgot to use a comma a few times in the presentation.

Overall, the discussion is acceptable. That is, considering that I do not really know what the discussion topic is and how you were instructed to discuss it. This is an acceptable essay that shows you are informed of the current events and how students are having to react to it.
Zavy 1 / 2 1  
Hello Diem, in my view, you have done a good job, except for several sentences to be polished.

1. "it is undeniable ...." could be replaced by "it's undeniable that several benefits will be created by this trend, as well as some drawbacks."

2. "the greatest ...", in this sentence, the subject of "enhance ..." should be students, not advantage. So you may change it to "the greatest advantage for students is they will be able to enhance their ability of self-study."

3. "It is of significant, ..." has two which in one sentence, and "of significant" is wrong. You could replace it by "As a useful learning method which plays a major role in expanding knowledge, it's of paramount significance."

4. "They would (...) pleasant feelings.", the two sentences are started by "they", so you may change it to "Without sitting in front of their teacher and feeling fully strained, they could learn in their favorite place with a bright and pleasant feeling."

5. "Despite a few ..." would be better by writing like this, "Despite a few flaws that still exists, I'm firmly convinced that learning online holds a bright future for us."

Next time you could use more junctions, like "as far as I concerned", "moreover", "when it comes to" and so on, they would make your article better.

I hope my advice could help you. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Learning online is sometimes a necessity: the pros and cons