Learning from parents is always an easy-going process - are they the best mentors possible?

khumayra 5 / 2 3  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Some people believe that parents are the best mentors. Others disagree with this statement claiming that person should learn from books, coaches, school teachers and etc. In general, I agree with the opinion that our parents can pass their knowledge and expertise to us in the best way. However, I cannot ignore the fact that sometimes this rule doesn't work in a proper way and parent's example might be the worst case life-scenario for their children. But, in this essay, I'll provide you with arguments and examples from my life to demonstrate why it is important to learn from parents and why they can be our best teachers.

First of all, I believe that learning from parents is always an easy-going process. They have extended knowledge of their child's abilities to study and learning patterns. For example, it was always difficult for me to understand lectures at school. Subjects seemed boring and insignificant, especially chemistry and geometry. But everything changed when my father started to help me with my homework. I remember him drawing schemes, graphics and even dancing around a table in order to explain me imaginary figures and formulas. That was fun and educative for me. I briefly improved at school and even was selected to participate in regional competitions between chemistry students. My father taught me everything from car driving, structuring complicated business models until human and child psychology.

Second, our parents have vast experience in life situations. They have gone through many hardships of real life and have spent most of their time in attempts to improve our welfare and well-being. They might know all possible outcomes of every decision we should make and give us a right direction to further actions. Decisions, such as which college to choose, which house to buy, which job position to apply. They always ready to support us with their expertise and sincere advice. I recall the situation that happened to me the couple years ago when I was buying my first apartment. My father told me that it is better to purchase a flat in poor condition but in the downtown are of the city, rather than buying a decent house in suburbs. I've done as he advised and never regretted that decision. It saved me money and time on trips to work and school.

However, not everybody is lucky as me. Depressed and prone to unhealthy habits as drinking alcohol, taking drugs and lack of interest in self-improvement, such parents cannot be a good example and would not be able to teach their child. In such cases, the best way for children to leave the parents house as early as possible and live in school dormitories.

In conclusion, I would like to mention again, that there are a million various situations in life, everybody has it own family circumstances and specific relationships with a parent, but in my case, my parents have done a great job in teaching me, giving me a perfect example of decent living. I hope that I would be the best teacher for my child as my parents were for me.

Guys, please help me to check my TOEFL essay and improve my independent writing.
Thank you!
Mira.
Yusri31 28 / 31 8  
Some people believe that parents [...] can be our best teachers.

I will try to give you example :

The compulsion of the parents is teaching their children since childhood regarding a great deal of things, therefore some people consider that the best educator is your parents. I really agree with this statement that the other people cannot substitute the role of the parents as the best teacher.

Home / Writing Feedback / Learning from parents is always an easy-going process - are they the best mentors possible?