Learning something new is always challenging to many of us - the same applies to a foreign language

je2ks2 19 / 10  
Learning something new is always challenging to many of us since it takes one's great effort and time. Above all, learning a new language can be the most difficult task. There are some aspects which make this learning experience difficult.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
"Learning something new is always challenging to many of us since it takes great effort and time. Learning a new language is no different; in fact, it can be a most difficult task one could take on. There are some unique aspects which make this learning experience difficult.

Phonological differences are one of these unique challenges . In other words, the student should be aware of the differences in the system of sounds between the mother tongue and the new language. There are some sounds that do exist in one language but not in the other language. For instance, Korean does not have the sounds "f" or "r", while English does. As a result, Korean learners may have a struggle to create "r" or "f" sounds in English English since there are no equivalent sounds in Korean. (You could insert something here regarding this as being the source of accents in many ESL students/learners. )

In addition to phonetics , one should learn the new structure of the language including grammar, word usage, and word order so as to use it effectively. The English language system has almost no similarities with the Korean one. For instance, English has the "SVO" structure; S stands for a subject, V for a verb and O for an object word order (It's not so much a word order (subjects do not always come first, immediately followed by a verb, then the object bringing up the rear: example: That tree was Sally's favorite as a child. It is more of a "sentence structure" because it is a basic formula to create a sentence around (each sentence must contain a subject, verb, and object in order to be complete), instead of first, second, third placement order for specific words.) while Korean has SOV one I suggest clarifying this passage because it is confusing; add examples of what you are illustrating to help your reader. Give them a SVO sentence to compare with the Korean SOV; otherwise, it is easy to get lost here.) . Thus, it could be quite challenging for Korean native speaker learning English to make sure every time they obey the rules of the English language when uttering English sentences.

A lack of chances to practice the new language outside the classroom is another of the difficult aspects in learning a language. Especially, in EFL (What does this mean? If your audience will unequivocally know what this means, leave it as an abbreviation. If there is a chance any of your audience members will not know, go ahead and give the full title, followed by the abbreviation. For instance, "When in the classroom, English as a second language students, or ESL students, will frequently...") circumstances where the new language is rarely used in a real life, students do not have need to learn a new language in order to survive . Simply speaking, they find no reasons to learn a new language. Due to a lack of motivation, students do not really try hard to learn a new language. That is why learning a new language is thought of as a difficult task."

Good work here!
OP je2ks2 19 / 10  
thank you so much, Gloria. :-) I always appreciate your big help..

Home / Writing Feedback / Learning something new is always challenging to many of us - the same applies to a foreign language