"Leave it to Allah!" Does this article sound good in English?

Rajiv 55 / 400  
Here's another point of view:

Your english is very good. I think you are really saying in the right words whatever idea you are wishing to convey. Two places I found where the flow is interrupted:

' Learning can give the mind the power to view and understand things...' this did not connect with the earlier paragraphs.

'I mean to say that calling for love is a must...' did you mean " asking for love" ?

On the whole you convey the beauty and sense of the original passage very faithfully.
OP tasneemspring 3 / 25  
I say that because you have some sentence fragments:

Since love needs sublimity in mind, time, and feelings. While hatred requires nothing but malice and envy.

Usually, incomplete sentences render writing to be far from perfect.

I really do not undersatnd why this sentense is not complete. Anyway, I mean to say that

Not everyone has the ability to love, whereas most people can easily hate! That is because love needs sublimity in mind, time, and feelings, while hatred requires nothing but malice and envy!

That what I meant to say, so if that one is wrong, what is the suggested one?

Are there any other sentences that are incomplete, or not sound good in English? For my teacher told me that it is a literal translation and the native speaker is not going to undersatnd it?

___________________________________________________________________

Also, try to be patient when less than 24 hours have gone by and you have not received a response. We moderators are few in number.

Thanks indeed for help, and I wil try to be patient, thanks again.
OP tasneemspring 3 / 25  
Love springs

The main spring of love is choice. Any kind of choice requires complete freedom from traditional burdens established by our forefathers, and followed by ourselves. In any case, choice is only the beginning of love, but it is not love itself.

Love appears just after making a choice. At first, love takes the form of giving, through which you feel that you are actually giving nothing at all. However, if you feel _ just for once_ that you are sacrificing or even giving while practicing love, then you are experiencing love in the shape of trade. Any type of love usually fades away when it is practised as a trade.

Not everyone has the ability to love, whereas most people can easily hate! That is because love needs sublimity in mind, time, and feelings, While hatred requires nothing but malice and envy.

The qualities of hatred, malice and envy can be learned in a few hours. On the contrary, love needs many years to be acquired, and meanings that turn black hair into the colour of snow, and the heart into the whiteness of milk.

Learning can give the mind the power to view and understand things, while art and literature depend on one's sense of humour. Religion, on the other hand, makes one's emotions endless and able to grasp the real reason behind existence and the secret of life. one cannot experience true love without these three elements: mind, sense of humour, and feelings. Instead, he can only follow his whim and instincts with the purpose of reaching his own interests.

I mean to say that asking for love is a must. At the same time, it is not an easy task either, as it requires the combination of all the essential elements: Learning, arts, literature, and religion.

When shall we find the one who would to sacrifice himself for the sake of the person with whom he has shared life's bitterness and beauty?!

Is it better now?
Since love needs sublimity in mind, time, and feelings. This is not a complete sentence, because the word, "since" implies that there will be more to it. As in, "Since it is raining, I will take my umbrella."

You could have the sentence without the word "since", then it would also be complete.

While hatred requires nothing but malice and envy. It's the same with this...the word "while", implies something more should be forthcoming. Without the word "while", it works as a sentence.

Yes, it is much better!
OP tasneemspring 3 / 25  

Thanks for help indeed. I just want to make sure that you as a native speaker undersatnd it, and that you do not find any thing peculiar, or not English!

Thanks again
OP tasneemspring 3 / 25  
I mean to say that calling for love is a must. But, it is not an easy task at the same time (at the same time, it is not an easy task too). As it requires the combination of all the essential elements: Learning, arts, literature, and religion.

Is this paragraph clear or not?
I mean to say that calling for love is a must. At the same time, it is not an easy task, because it requires the combination of all the essential elements: Learning, arts, literature, and religion.

That is clearest, I think. And about the material above, it is all good English. Good, meaningful prose, too!

I'm curious; do you mean that calling for love requires learning, arts, literature, and religion, or that love itself does? I'm not sure that either statement would make a great deal of sense, but at the moment the sentence is saying the former, while I suspect you actually want to say the latter.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Leave it to Allah!" Does this article sound good in English?