Leave alone history, any scientific invention or discoveries can be proved only by facts.

vidhyamouli 3 / 5  
Hi, I would like to receive any comments to improve this writing. Thank you in advance for your time.

Do you agree or disagree with following statement?
It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

----

As a student I felt understanding ideas and concepts were more important than learning facts and I never paid much attention to facts. As a result I never mastered things that I learnt. Therefore, I think though ideas and concepts are the ultimate goal for learning, learning the facts is very important to master what we learnt.

Let us take the example of learning to drive a car. Any one can learn driving by understanding how to use the clutch, accelerator and break. These are the basic ideas and concepts. However, if you have to ride a car in formula one (if you have to become master in driving) you must get your facts right. How my engine works, what kind of fuel do I use, how does that affect the efficiency of my engine and so on. These facts will help us to master the art of driving.

I also like to quote another example here. Most students are reluctant to learn the facts in their history. For example, when we talk about Indian war of Independence, why do we need to learn the facts like - why British came to India, how they captured India and how did that control the nation for more than 100 years. These facts may be boring and may prove no use to many. However, these are very important facts which helps us to understand how events occurred and we can avoid such mishaps in future.

Leave alone history, any scientific invention or discoveries can be proved only by facts. Sir Issac Newton accidentally discovered the concept of gravity. However, to make the world understand and accept this concept he had to present his facts.

If we consider human being walking as a concept then the bones, nerves and how waling happens are the facts. Without facts it is impossible to sustain a concept.
Mann_ms 9 / 20 5  
Hi..Vidhyamouli

I've read your essay.. I think that's a nice essay.. however, I would give you some suggestions i your essay...

As a student,*I felt understanding ideas and concepts were more important than learning facts, **and I never paid much attention to facts. As a result,***I never mastered things that I learnt. Therefore, I think though ideas and concepts are the ultimate goal for learning, learning the facts is very important to master what we learnt.

*In this part, I think you have to pay attention in subject verb agreement..
**also, don't forget put comma if the form S+V,and S+V
*** I think you ought to make sure tense that you use, sometimes we find difficult to understand without time signal.

In body paragraph, I suggest you to write main topic first, and then give the reason and followed by sample to make it specific.
"Topic sentence + Reason/support idea + sample + conclusion" this pattern can lead us to make paragraph with great flow.

this is a good part due to the fact that you write scientific fact to support your idea, but It would be great if you put in your body paragraph with following the pattern that I mentioned before.
OP vidhyamouli 3 / 5  
Thanks for you suggestions. Very helpful...

Home / Writing Feedback / Leave alone history, any scientific invention or discoveries can be proved only by facts.