O level: teenage love with study and emotional development

Chim Can Cook 10 / 23  
It is said that romantic relationship distracts teenagers from their study and cause unnecessary emotional stress. Do you agree?

As the society progresses, a variety of social issues also arises to be face by the whole population. Among those, adolescent affairs have garnered for itself quite a number of concerns as there is so much hope and belief put into the young generation. However, it seems that the bane effects are highly to be signaled than the boon ones ad teenage love appears to bring more harm than good.

First and foremost, those kinds of romantic relationships distract teenagers from their study due to time constraints. Unlike the free agents with a bunch of time for study and references, for teenage lovers, a considerable amount of time should be set aside for regular dating. As the couples fall in love for the first time, they tend to relish the moments being together, which further extends the wasting time. Furthermore, it would not be quick to do preparation for those important events since rummaging through the entire wardrobe for a nice outfit and double check it in the mirror may take the whole morning or so.

Secondly, most of them encounter difficulties in concentrating on their study as their minds are occupied with unnecessary thoughts and memories. For instance, a romantic dinner with boyfriend might bring the girl on cloud night for the whole week afterwards. How can lectures and tutorials' lessons enter her mind when all her thoughts are flooded with love? The wreck havoc in grades would be resulted unsurprisingly. Apart from that, pressures from partners' demand also stress the adolescents. For examples, a sudden cal from girlfriend asking for some consolation may cause one to postpone his revision plan.

On the other hand, there are plausible arguments in favor of teenage affair that a number of students who are in relationship can still achieve excellent performances in schools. That is because they appropriately balanced the time for study and love. They spend lesser time on study, but they spent it more effectively. Moreover, some couples actually support each other's study, resulting in their academic excellence. However, how many are like those and how many are not? The answer is "a few" and "a lot" respectively. To add on, the majority of them tend to suffer from unnecessary emotional stress. Owing to the immaturity and lack of experience, first love, more or less, arouses anxiety and worry. Love is give and take. One cannot expect happiness all the time. Quarrels and arguments are unavoidable. Therefore, the teenagers frequently fall into depression and disappointments.

To sum up, I strongly believe that teenage love is more a burden than a driving force for their study and psychological development. Love is a great thing, nevertheless, should be started at an appropriate age.

Please rank me upon 100.Thanks
yoyott 3 / 6  
I like your essay it is very strong and you state ur view very clearly at the end. I would give u a 90/100 =)
As the society progresses, a variety of social issues also arises to be faced by...

Among those, adolescent affairs have garnered for itself themselves quite a number of concerns, as there is...

so much hope and belief put into the young generation. However, it seems that the bane effects are highly to be signaled than ??? I don't know what you are trying to say here.

... the boon ones and teenage love appears to bring more harm than good.---Ha ha, maybe all love affairs bring more harm than good, but people still have them! :-)

...and double checking it in the mirror may take the whole morning or so.---Ha ha, this whole paragraph is very impressive. You write well!

...might cause the girl to be on cloud nine for the whole week afterwards.

The wreck havoc in grades would be resulted unsurprisingly associated with love affairs is considerable.

Apart from that, pressures from partners' demand also stress the adolescents.--Another excellent sentence!

:-) I guess you get 80% because you have some mistakes. But it is very clear!

Home / Writing Feedback / O level: teenage love with study and emotional development