IELTS WRITING TASK 2: Will libraries be relevant in the future?

chantran 4 / 9  
Topic: Students today can easily access information online, so libraries are no longer necessary.

Do you agree or disagree?

The advancement of technology in recent decades has digitalized almost every human activity. In the light of this, many argue that libraries are outdated, and therefore, unfit for the demanding needs of the modern world. While I agree that the Internet is a powerful tool when it comes to information provision, I believe that libraries have their own importance in providing resources.

Admittedly, there are several reasons why people are in favor of searching information online over the traditional method of going to libraries. Firstly, in terms of time efficiency, the Internet allows us to access information at any time when it is convenient while libraries are only open for a certain number of hours a day and several days a week. People can also save a huge amount of time traveling as everything now is just one click away with the availability of online searching tools. Furthermore, the Internet is a reservoir of knowledge that is greater than any physical library, and it is getting updated every second. Therefore, to those who just need to get information in the fastest and easiest way, the Internet should be enough.

However, I believe that physical libraries still have special features that online sources can never replace. One of the key objectives of libraries is that it provides spaces which are specialized for studying. Particularly, every library has an academic environment with a quiet ambiance and less distraction to encourage deep concentration. This explains why many students still go to libraries to prepare for exams these days. In addition, people can always rest assured with the accuracy of the information they collected from libraries as books before being displaced in there have undergone strict processes of censoring by the ministry of education, and thus, it can be used officially for academic purposes or even scientific research.

In conclusion, although there are more and more alternative ways to attain information in this days and ages, I contend that libraries will still exist in the future for its unique value.
While I agree that ...I believe that libraries have their own importance in providing resources.

The opinion of the writer is unclear. Do you agree or disagree? The response can only support one opinion. As this is not an extent statement, a deque based response cannot be used. The essay has failed at this point. A passing preliminary score cannot be awarded due to a lack of opinion clarity as indicated in the discussion qquestion. The second failure reason is the way the response is deemed incorrect based on the required answer format.

However

Nope. The essay score will be based on a single - reason. The problem, is that there is no clear opinion provided. The essay is not headed towards a passing mark at this point.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: Will libraries be relevant in the future?