Library vs the Internet - benefits for student information access

tranlinh171 1 / -  

Will libraries become obsolete?

Students today can easily access information online, so libraries are no longer necessary. Do you agree or disagree?

Students are currently able to acquire information on the Internet in a much easier way than in the past. While I accept that online sources of information have advantages over traditional libraries, I would argue that there is still a great need for libraries in today's world.

The development of the Internet is a breakthrough which brings a huge advantages for users. It is seen that the Internet has a wide range resources of information, which people only need a device connecting but can easily access into the reservoir of knowledge, regardless of where they are. For instance, I myself could get into Oxford library to read many references and books by an account although it is a far distance. Furthermore, a great amount of money and time could be saved by reading books and information from the Internet. As the example above, I do not need to go to England or waste much money whether I could accumulate knowledge from all the world. The money I pay online always cheaper than ever.

However, the biggest problem of using the Internet is that there are too much resources of documents related to the information which you are searching for. There is no evidence to prove that all the information available on the Internet could be trust. This could lead to the disadvantage that people may get wrong data if they do not find carefully. By contrast, the references in libraries are usually from professors or appreciated by many experts. Another benefit of library is that this place not only contains copyright documents, but also a quite place where readers could study and read books. To illustrate, many students in my university do to the library on a regular basis to study and research.

In conclusion, while I agree that there are great benefits of getting information on the Internet, I disagree with the idea that traditional libraries are no longer important.

I' m very glad if you give some comments and feedback for me :>
letrandaohoa 2 / 4  
@tranlinh171
Hi there. I think your essay is pretty good in general. I like your ideal and the way you support that.
Best for luck
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@tranlinh171
Hi there. Welcome to this forum! If you find any of this feedback helpful, I'll do my best to continuously assist you in your writing endeavors for the future.

When you're writing and thinking of a way to put down details in your text, I heavily suggest that you try to add more substantive information. For instance, your first paragraph's opening line could be improved by simply stating that there's increased accessibility to information nowadays. This is a less rambling approach to writing as you can tell.

The second paragraph needs improvement on the structure. Incorporate more punctuation to assist you in writing with clarity. This will also help you add more pauses to ensure that you dissiminate the text with ease.
lucy1990 2 / 3  
hi,there,the second sentence has grammar mistakes; when I looked though the second paragragh, I felt a little confused. the logic that you discussed is not clear.

Home / Writing Feedback / Library vs the Internet - benefits for student information access