Life of a child star-rewards and problems

greentea93 7 / 31  
Hello everyone,please help me give feedbacks for my writing.Thanks:)

Life as a child star can bring a mix of great rewards and big problems.In your opinion,which is more likely to be more dominant in the life of most child stars,the rewards or the problems?

Life as a child star has been a dream of many people because being a child star,you can enjoy a number of rewards coming from fame such as money,respect from people,successful career,etc.Life of a child star,however,is more difficult than many people can imagine.Fame brings to a child star more troubles than rewards,in other words,troubles are more likely to be dominant in the life of most child stars.

First of all,big problems come from the press,the press seems just to write bad things about a child star.The reason is that people tend to pay more attention to bad things than good things and a star child is not old enough to manage his private life well.The press take advantage of that leak to catch people's attention to make money.Stories about using drugs,fighting with friends,and family problems seem to be more exciting than studying hard,successful academic achievements at school,good behaviors in public.Lindsay Lohan is an example of this.She is the target of reporters and paparazzi,she is the subjects of many stories about romances and partying.The tabloid pree pursued her constantly to write gossip stories about her.These stories have bad effects on the future of a child star and they may ruin his future.

Besides troubles from the press,a child star has to deal with some rewards that his popularity brings.Being a celebrity,a child star can have a lot of money,admiration and respect from many people,which may make he think that he can get everything he wants and therefore may spoil him.Morover,the pleasure of being a star can distract him from studying at school,leading to the drop of GPA.Also,being a child star,he will have a busy schelude,which leaves him almost no time with family and friends.That's why a child star always feel stressful,pressured and sometime lonely.The lack of time also makes it difficult for a child star to balance between his career and his studying.

In conclusion,fame bring more serious troubles than great rewards to a child star.I think child star is not old enough to be able to deal with all the problems and put up with the pressure from being famous.The press should be aware of that and people should have more sympathy and fewer judgements for child star.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  

I have a few thoughts on this subject:

I think many people dream of their child being a star (I would say this) and most children just want an ordinary life. This makes me think of Toddlers and Tiaras (tv show) because all of the moms insist "my daughter wants this competition" and it seems that the parent wants the attention even more. It seems this lifestyle can put much pressure on a child, leading to some dysfunction- what if her self-esteem is solely based on this on-stage attention, and if she fails at something- will that ruin her self-worth?

But, some child stars become very successful and seemingly well-rounded individuals. Being a star can give a child the confidence to realize they can achieve anything in life. If they are a star, we will assume they have a lot of money, so they may live a very privileged lifestyle. This child may receive the finest education and care. This child may also be lonely, because if they are so busy working on stardom, they will not have time to play with other kids or do other entertaining things that kids like.

Good luck with this essay, be sure to write objectively.
OP greentea93 7 / 31  
Thanks for your interesting ideas on the subject of my essay:)Maybe I should discuss this subject both sides,not just in favor of the other one.

Home / Writing Feedback / Life of a child star-rewards and problems