Life with Courage

672jade 1 / 2  
Courage is a scary thing. It's scary to think about and scary to have. Not many people have the right amount of courage in themselves during the day to keep up. And those are the ones who tend to gain more than they know. Then there are the ones who are obsessed with courage and they are the ones who use it too much and end up losing all of it in the end. At least that's how I always thought of it. In my life time I have rarely be called upon to use courage. The only times I ever had to use an ounce of courage was when I had to tell my parents that I wanted to quit the track team and when I finally had to come out with the truth. Courage for me has never really been tested. I've never been offered drugs and I've never had to leave a party because of other people doing bad things and I have never been physically attacked by anyone. But there are other people that are not like me and they use their courage all the time. Like the women and children in countries like Pakistan and Syria. Those people use their courage way more than they should need too just by walking out their door but they have no choice. And our military; those people have more courage and bravery than any one person out there on the planet. For most people courage depends on who is there to lead you. If the person that you look up too has courage the you'll have courage. There are people placed in our lives just to give us the courage we need to get through the day. For some people it's their parents or it's a friend that they have know their whole lives or one that they just meet. And for a few people, it's that random homeless person sitting outside on the street who has the courage to get up every day knowing that they have nothing. For me it was always my mother. She is my courage, my hope, and my hero. She has never let me down. She's always there when I fall and I depend on that. Courage is what you make of it and how you intend to use it. It is sometimes given to you by the leaders in your life and they are the ones that lead you into battle every day. Sometimes though your leaders don't have the courage that they need and you have to decide whether it's worth it or not. Courage is part of life and difficult to comprehend. But everyone has it. It's just that some people have a harder time finding it then others.

______________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________
Okay so I know that it might not be that good but please give some feed back.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Not many people have the right amount of courage in themselves during the day to keep up.
Maybe say it like this: "Some people do not even have enough courage to keep up with their daily routine."

And those are the ones who tend to gain more than they know.
Maybe you can explain this idea more thoroughly, I don't know what you mean exactly.

Then there are the ones who are obsessed with courage and they are the ones who use it too much and end up losing all of it in the end.

Also, you may want to add this thought: "Some people are so courageous that they become reckless by disregarding potential risks and dangers."

The only times I ever had to use an ounce of courage was when I had to tell my parents that I wanted to quit the track team and when I finally had to come out with the truth.

This sentence is a bit too long, which makes it hard to read, maybe you could shorten it.

I've never been offered drugs and I've never had to leave a party because of other people doing bad things and I have never been physically attacked by anyone.

You could also simply say that you have never faced the choice of giving in to the peer pressure to do harmful things. You have never had to stand up to someone attacking or fighting with you.
And those are the ones who tend to gain more than they know. Then there are the ones who are obsessed with courage and they are the ones who use it too much and end up losing all of it in the end.

I'm trying to figure out which side I'm going to fall .... :D

Those people use their courage way more than they should need tooto just by walking out their door but they have no choice.

Well ... this is not coming smoothly .... I feel you better re-phrase this one!

And our military; those people have more courage and bravery than any one person out there on the planet.

... this one too doesn't sound a strong argument, rather it sounds a bit biased :(

If the person that you look up too has courage the you'll have courage.

If your role model is courageous then you would be inspired to be more courageous.
In my life time I have rarely be called upon to use courage.

I have not been in many situations where my courage was tested.

Those people use their courage way more than they should need too just by walking out their door but they have no choice.

This sentence sounds odd. Might be a good idea to rephrase it like this.
These people need to be courageous just to step outside their own house.

You normally don't say more courage or less courage. You could say that a person is courageous or that he is not.

It's just that some people have a harder time finding it then others.

It's just that some people have a harder time finding it than others.

Home / Writing Feedback / Life with Courage