Life now and furtherback - living in recent years is better than 100 years ago. IELTS TASK 2.

paddoo 2 / 3 3  
Life now is better than it was 100 years ago.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement ?

Life has a lot of aspects that make it able to compare with the past. Some people argue that living nowadays is better than living in a century ago. This essay partly agrees with the argument. The first reason is there are plenty inventions that make life easier and development of knowledge that reduce risk of disease which was dangerous in the past, while the negative affects also appear like reducing familiar communication and others.

Living in recent years is better than living in 100 years ago in several cases. People today have a big deal accessibility that make them easier to do duty or interest. That is possible because there are plenty tools and innovations invented over a century. For example, in most place of the world, people were going to walk in order to go around. Yet, nowadays people just call taxi or drive a car to go. Other case, communicating to relations in different island or city was very difficult. People had to write letters and sent it via post, moreover the time taken was also long. But, people today are able to keep in touch with end of their fingers by texting email or other modern forms of modern communication. Those make life easier. On the other word, life becomes better than before.

Health as an important role of life has been improving in knowledge and tools. Many diseases have been able to detect early and the form of medicines are diverse now. For example, pox that was deathly disease on the past becomes not dangerous because of invention of vaccine. It makes people live healthier and do not worry about the illness. The access to hospital and other public health transports have been changing significantly, so if there is an accident or emergency call, the paramedic easily find and help the victim.

Standing in contrast, warm communication and friendly inhabitants are rarely found. People have evolved becoming workaholic and do not pay enough time to talk each other. According to recent research result, low frequency of communication and rigid form of communication make people's lifetime reduce significantly. People, in the past, lived happier in which they could live longer than now. It is one of the negative point of living in recent years.

Deeply deliberating about this problem, I assume living in recent years is better than 100 years ago even the life connection os less but it is easy to take a lot of access that not available in the past. It is going to be better if people are able to use recent technology wisely and proportionally to communicate.
Diqon 10 / 33 12  
Hello Paddoo ... your essay totally perfect, i just want to correct your word like this while the negative affects effects also appear like reducing familiar communication and others . as far as I know affect is verb , effect is noun , Good Luck.
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
I can help assist you with improving your writing. I will focus on just a few paragraphs. Here are my suggestions:

I like the second sentence to start your essay. There are many ideas in the last sentence of this paragraph. The three ideas are: inventions, ideas, and communication. You could make three sentences rather than one sentence. Place "of" after plenty and put a period after easier. Start a new sentence with a transition word such as : "Also, there is knowledge that reduces the". The last sentence it seems to be a different than the other two sentences. I'm unsure if you even need to discuss communication until you discuss it in the 4th paragraph. You should state whether you agree or disagree with the statement: "Life now is better than it was 100 years ago". This will help the reader with the rest of your essay.

In the second paragraph, I think the first sentence seems to fit with your position. You can move it to the end of your first paragraph if you agree with this statement. I am going to suggest a change for this sentence: People today have a big deal more accessible tools that make them it easier to do duty or interest tasks.

Although I'm unsure what tools these are, you discuss this in the second sentence so it needs to be added to this sentence. You could be more specific when you mention tools. Do you mean gadgets rather than tools?

Make place plural and make this change: "... in the world, people were going to walk in order to get around..." Another way to say get around is to use the word travel. Change this sentence to: "Yet, nowadays today people just call a taxi or drive a car to travel."

I'm unsure about "Other case". Do you mean, "However"? Also, is relations actually relatives? Make island and city plural. You should state "post office". When you want to join sentences together you can do this by using a semicolon at the end of a word and a comma after the transition word. Place a semicolon (;) and comma in this part of the sentence: "...post; moreover,..."

Delete this: "...keep in touch with end of their fingers by texting, email, or other modern forms of modern communication." Those make life easier. You can use another transition word to end this paragraph such as "Therefore".

Try to look at different transition words to begin your sentences and word choice. The essay has good information.

Home / Writing Feedback / Life now and furtherback - living in recent years is better than 100 years ago. IELTS TASK 2.