IELTs Writing Task 2 - would life be simpler with just few languages in the world?

YHLin 2 / 4  

the value of language

In the modern world, some languages die out in every years. Some people think that our life will be easier if we do not have so many different languages in the world. I partly agree this opinion.

Students do not have to learn about many different languages if there are fewer languages. They can spend more time on their interesting subjects such as math, statistics and music. Students will have no pressure on learning many different languages because we are familiar with our native language and it is difficult to restart from a brand new grammar or vocabulary . Also, fewer languages in the world might be helpful to employees' efficiency. Employees would not be asked for enhancing their ability of multi-languages when they are out of work. They can also concentrate on their domain knowledge instead of learning another different languages.

On the other hand, several languages die out every years may cause some problems. Every languages have their own culture and history. People all over the world could learn some interesting details or historic stories from these languages. Some of they might fulfill with much wisdom advice and meaningful information. However, we could also have fun through these languages. For example, people can realize some historic fine art or words by different languages.

In conclusion, although I agree that our life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world, I believe that it is important for us to prevent some meaningful languages which are crowded with much historic stories and details.
thanhtra22 1 / 1  
I think " I agree with this opinion" is correct.
kimmy2105 2 / 5  
Hi, just my suggestion to help your essay better.
+ I do not know what the prompt fully is, but in the Introduction, you wrote " In the modern world, some languages die out in every years" without giving any clue or references. This makes your essay unconvincing. Besides, it should be " in every year"- without "s"

+ Try to use some connectors in your Body. This helps your ideas be generated better.
OP YHLin 2 / 4  
@thanhtra22
Tks for your suggestion!

@kimmy2105
Tks!
btw, what do you mean about connectors?

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTs Writing Task 2 - would life be simpler with just few languages in the world?