Light Bulbs from Plastic Bottles, Water and Bleach

abdasyari93 9 / 19  
Electricity is one of essential people's needs in order to support their routine activities. Most people utilize the electricity to be used in some electronic devices. Yet, over than one billion people live without electricity. Can you imagine that? In Nairobi, the Korogocho settlement is the first area which invents "water bulb" system to deal with the light problem. The youth group Koch Hope are the pioneer of this system. To develop "water bulb", there are some steps to be finished. First, a two-liter plastic bottle is filled with water and a little bleach. Then, the metal roof should be cut to make a hole and the halfway bottle is inserted into it. Next, the roof ought to be sealed to prevent the rain. In fact, this system has enormous benefits for people around it. Some people usually spent their money to buy kerosene to get light. Nowadays, they can save almost half of her weekly income. Furthermore, this idea gives another advantage for the other people. For instance, in Philippines, My Shelter Foundation is one of a nonprofit groups which has been inspired by the "water bulb" concept to get low-cost lighting solution. The head of this group says that the "water bulb" is better than candles and kerosene which can be used as an alternative way getting electricity.
Rinnegan45 - / 39 5  
Hi there! @abdasyari

here some suggestions for you.

Electricity is one of needs

there are some steps to be finisheddo => (on this part it'd be good if you change the wording there)

they can save almost half of hertheir weekly income

keep improving!

Home / Writing Feedback / Light Bulbs from Plastic Bottles, Water and Bleach