Toefl Essay "Do you like to eat out or eat at home?"

Poojasugandhi 18 / 35  
Hi I am preparing for the toefl ibt.
need your assitance.
Thanks.

"Do you like to eat out or eat at home?"

As the people get more and more busy now a days, they prefer to eat at the restaurants or other food stall. But I would still prefer to eat at home for various reasons. In the following paragraphs I will explain reasons for my choice of preference.

Although the restaurants serves the food in an appealing garnishing manner but the major concern is the hygiene. The restaurant food may or may not be the fresh food, or may be prepared with unhygienic manner. But by seeing the decoration no one understands the bad aspest of that food. But if the food prepared at home, we will be sure about the cleanlinessof the utensil used. Moreover, some vegetables loose their nutritive value if overcooked, this can happened in the restaurant the most because they just concerned with the taste which can be better added by using artificial flavours.

In addition to this, now a days with the equipments like microwave, oven, mixer grinder makes the cooking much easier in less time. Infact, cooking with this equipments is fun. This helps you to experiments new varieties of delicious food in less time. Furthermore, homemade food during parties and get together gives appraisal from others which makes oneself happy about her effort.

Apart from this, eating at home gives you the choice to eat according to your health. Various restaurants cooked food with various artificial and spicy flavours which can cause harmful effect on health on a long run. For instance, heart patients, ulcers patients, eating frequently out will make their disease worst in nature. But at home , every one can eat and prepare choice of food recommend according to their health.

In addition to this, the most important reason for eating at home is to have a dinner together with my family. This is really a very important time, to talk with my children, husband at the time of food make myself happy and feeling of togetherness in the house.

In conclusion I must say that eating at home gives the opportunity to be with the family at the time of food. Also it gives the option to eat healthier and the hygiene food.
apozzi 2 / 14  
Hi... these are my suggestions:

I'd change "food stall" with "fast food".

ButI would still prefer ... well, I suggest you don't start the sentence with BUT. In fact, since you're writing a TOEFL essay, you are required to be formal, and to use transictions .

I'd say "However, I prefer..:"

Although the restaurants serves the food in an appealing garnishing manner, but the major concern is the hygiene we don't know wheter it is actually fresh or not. The restaurant food may or may not be the fresh food,Moreover , it may be cooked with unhygienic manner. But by seeing the decoration no one understands the bad aspest of that foodAs a result, it is better to prepare food at home, where we can make sure everything is clean.
OP Poojasugandhi 18 / 35  
Hi apozzi,
Thanks for your suggestion. This would be really helpful for my exam. Hope to get more suggestion from your side.
apozzi 2 / 14  
Well, actually I hadn't finished the correction. Anyway, you guess it's pretty the same later on.

I am just glad to help out =)

See you next time, have a great one.

Alice
The restaurant serves...
The restaurants serve...

The restaurant opens...
The restaurants open...

You should look at: essayforum.com/writing-3/think-skill-person-order-succeed-modern-world-10049/

...nowadays, with the equipment like the microwave, oven, mixer grinder makes the cooking much easier in less time. In fact, cooking with this equipment is fun.

Equipment is plural already. Do not write equiptments.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl Essay "Do you like to eat out or eat at home?"