Should there be any limits of amount of years a teacher may teach the same subject or grade level?

marjoeyo_20 1 / 1  
Hello everyone! I am preparing for CBEST and struggling a lot with writing. Thank you so much for your help!

Prompt:
Should there be any restriction on how many years a teacher may teach the same subject or grade level?

Explain your answer. Support your opinion with specific examples.

The issue of limiting amount of years teachers instructing the same subject or grade level is a controversial one. Some believe that switching grade levels or subjects will positively affect teachers, while others believe that these changes will impact teachers negatively. After careful thought, I feel that restricting amount of years teachers are staying within the same subject or grade level will have a positive influence on their professional skills, classroom performance, and job opportunities in a community.

One reason for this belief is that teachers who are switching grades or subjects are facing new challenges that will make them grow professionally as educators and instructors. Working with different age groups of students gives teachers a better perspective of their students' needs. Also, changing subjects can help a teacher to develop their skills in instructing different subjects, which will benefit students as well.

Another reason for this belief is that when a teacher spends too much time in one grade level he or she sometimes goes through motions and is not inspired as much as before. Furthermore, it can affect the quality of their instruction and influence their students' performance at school. Working with another grade level or teaching a new subject can help them to stay focused on improving their performance as well as developing new lesson plans.

The best reason for this belief is increasing job opportunities not only for new teachers but also for teachers, who want to try working in a new environment. While some teachers stay in the same position for many years, other teachers have a very limited choice of the ways to start their teaching career or grow professionally in a new classroom. Moreover, increasing job opportunities for talented new teachers and professionals will help schools to extend their staff and improve their scores.

In the final analysis, I believe that restriction on amount of years a teacher teaches the same subject or grade level will benefit teachers as well as their students and the community.
Your first sentence is an exaggeration that does not lend itself to an educated discussion based on a readership base of your peers. This will be read by educated individuals, possibly teachers, who do not see this as a controversial issue. In fact, it was not referred to as such in the original discussion instruction. So why did you feel the need to exaggerate rather than simply discuss the topic? Why are you approaching this as an IELTS Task 2 presentation for that matter? Your format does not make sense. It does not base itself on the CBEST discussion format.

Your explanations are not well supported with proper reasoning and examples. Combining 2 different reasons in one paragraph, without properly explaining connecting and discussing each, in a related manner means that you are only partly successful in explaining yourself throughout the task. Your presentation is not effective due to the weak explanations. Your response approach is basically incorrect. Do not confuse the CBEST with the Task 2 IELTS essay. There is a big difference in the formatting requirements for each test. Familiarize yourself with the CBEST writing format before you proceed to write another practice response essay.
HafizTaimoor 1 / 2  
you are combining many reasons in one paragraph and these is no cohesion in the ideas and little connection.
OP marjoeyo_20 1 / 1  
@HafizTaimoor
Thank you for your feedback! It's my first time practicing this kind of essay and honestly I was struggling a lot. It's difficult to evaluate my own writing and now I know what I need to work on.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should there be any limits of amount of years a teacher may teach the same subject or grade level?