IELTS writing task 1 with a line graph about carbon dioxide emission

littlered990 1 / -  

co2 emissions per person

The line graph illustrates the average amount of carbon dioxide each person emitted in 4 European countries during a 40-year period from 1967.

Overall, whereas the figure of the UK took the first place despite having dropped, that of Portugal was opposite.

As can be seen from the chart, the mass of carbon dioxide emitted in Italy started the period at about 4 tonnes and continuously grew in the next 3 decades. In 1990 it peaked at nearly 8 tonnes and remained stable until the end of the period. Similarly, the figure of Portugal went up steadily by over 4 tonnes until 1997 and leveled off at over 5 tonnes during the last 10 years. Despite this marked growth, it took the last place in the end.

However, carbon emissions in both the United Kingdom and Sweden followed downward patterns. In spite of a consistent decline from 11 tonnes to 9 tonnes, residents in the former country still emitted the most carbon dioxide in 2007. Meanwhile, although in the first 10 years there was an increase of more than 1 tonne, this figure of the latter country considerably fell during the next decade and hit the bottom of around 5 tonnes, the same ending point as Portugal.

The acemmary overview takes too many information shortcuts that it led to an uninformative presentation. Never leave out the specific years or dates of mention, always include a listing of the information for comparison, and provide the measurement type and basis. These are all necessary for the proper understanding of the trending statement on the part of the reader. A complete summary effectively completes the report as a rundown, without the need to read the actual report hence the need to present a concise and coherent summary statement.

The report should use more of the actual dates rather than alternatives in this case since the writer did not properly state the period of coverage in the summary, and he kept using alternate references in the report. It would be beat for him to focus on proper information dissemination in relation to LR usage.
Iris HSIEH 2 / 2 1  
This essay can not see the clear analysis or outlines of the graph,
maybe because it is too detailed for the numbers but lose focus on the explanation and result.
some pronoun misleads the reading comprehension, such as the former, the latter.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 1 with a line graph about carbon dioxide emission