IELTS Line Graph: changes in the yearly income of Bernie's Buns, Lovely Loaves, and Robbie's Bakery

Holan 3 / 6  

Annual earnings of three bakeries in London

The given line graph illustrates changes in the yearly income of Bernie's Buns, Lovely Loaves, and Robbie's Bakery in a period of 10 years.

It is clear that the amount of money earned by Bernie's Buns and Robbie's Bakery experienced a significant increase, while that figure for Lovely Leaves declined considerably.

In 2000, Lovely Loaves dominated the market with an income of 82,000 pounds, in comparison with approximately 55,000 pounds and 20,000 pounds of Robbie's Bakery and Bernie's Buns respectively. After leading the market in 2000, the annual earnings of Lovely Loaves fluctuated at around 90,000 pounds until decreased dramatically to approximately 60,000 pounds in 2005. In contrast, the amount of money earned annually by Robbie's Bakery remained stable at 55,000 pounds and that figure for Bernie's Buns saw a double rise to 40,000 pounds.

In the next 5 years, the trends remained unchanged. Lovely Loaves' income kept decreasing and hit the lowest point of 40,000 pounds in 2010, which were only two-thirds of the amount this bakery earned in 2005. By contrast, the earnings per year of Robbie's Bakery and Bernie's Buns both witnessed an almost double growth to 102,000 pounds and 63,000 pounds in the order given.

For the summary overview, you should have included that the measured digits represent the yearly income of the bakeries. That way the reader is clear from the very start regarding what sort of income projections are being presented in your report. You need a connecting word between "until decreased". The connecting word is "It". You kind of missed out on a comparative point in the presentation. For the year 2006, Robbie's and Lovely loaves almost had the same figures. with a very slight difference. You need to try to find at least 1 not so easily spotted piece of information to present in your report so that the examiner will be convinced that you actually took the time to analyze all of the information and graphical data in the presentation. That can really help boost your TA plus C&C score.
Tri Nhan 5 / 10  
It is almost perfect my friend, brilliant. You can show the correlation between trends very clearly and smoothly.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Line Graph: changes in the yearly income of Bernie's Buns, Lovely Loaves, and Robbie's Bakery