The line graph compares the percentage of Internet users in three North America countries

MayBRight 1 / -  

Internet Users as percentage of population

The line graph compares the percentage of the Internet user in three North America countries over a 10 years period from 1999 to 2009.

Overall, proportion of population who used the Internet in all three countries increased at a very high rate. At the end of period shown, the percentage of user grew to at least three times compared to what it was at the beginning. The lines representing USA and Canada are twisted together and always higher than the Mexico line. The gap between those two lines and Mexican line also became larger and larger over time, which suggested that USA and Canada grew at a higher rate.

In 1999, the proportion of people using the Internet in USA was about 20%. Canada and Mexico was lower, at about 10% and 5% respectively. USA kept the highest position in 2 years. In 2002, Canada overtook USA, rose to the top and kept that position until the end of considered period.

By 2005 USA caught up with Canada with the Internet user percentage rose to 70%, while the figure for Mexico was still low, just over 25%. By 2009, almost 100% of Canadians used the Internet, 80% of Americans and only 40% of Mexicans.

in three North America countries

The mention of the 3 countries in particular should have been done prior to the time frame reference. That will inform the reader regarding the comparison report basis. The mention of the countries may be repeated in the trending presentation if needed.

The lines representing

This is already part of the actual reporting paragraphs. It is not indicative of a trending statement, which is what this independent paragraph represents. Only the prior sentences adhere to trending information. You need not over reach with the trending statement. Any observations made should be part of the reporting paragraphs.

The writer shows a keen observational talent in this writing. However, he tends to write run-on sentences rather than individual comparison sentences. It would be better if dual idea sentences are avoided to aid in the clarity of his comparison presentations.
nhmt 3 / 5 1  
In the first paragraph, I think it is more grammatically correct to use "a 10-year period" rather "a 10 years period".
In the third paragraph, you can use "USA ranked first amongst all three countries.." to improve your academic vocabulary.

Home / Writing Feedback / The line graph compares the percentage of Internet users in three North America countries