Line graph for the consumption and production of energy

ammus1 10 / 29  
Hai friends,please correct my graph and my exam is nearer.Thanks in advance for ur patience and time.

The line graph presents the statistics for the US consumption and production of energy during a period of 50 years from 1950 to2000 and it also shows projections up to 2025.

Overall,both consumption and production of energy increased significantly from1950 to 2000,although the consumption of energy was higher than the production,with a rise of almost 35 units.Whereas,the figures up to 2025 show the gap between the use and production will widen and will reach almost 65 units difference in 2025.

In 1950,the figures for both consumption and production of energy was around 25 units and it was increased to almost 65 units in 1975.Since then,the imports of US production was fluctuated and only a gradual increase noted in the year 2000 with 70 units.While the use of energy grew steadily with some fluctuations and reached nearly 100 units in 2000.

It is evident from the graph that,the projections up to 2025 reveals that the consumption of energy will rose steadily and will attain at its peak level in 2025 with 145 units.Meanwhile, the production of energy will also rise but it is much lower than the consumption with almost 80 units.

Well, I assume this is your Overview part of the essay. In the overview you explain the main trend without the support of any details.
Pay attention to the approach that Pahan suggested above.

.... This is your overview and therefore it should not contain too much details. You should cite the main observations (features ) in the graph so that the reader gets an overall picture about what the graph presents. Also, try to adopt a more formal reporting tone as this task is aimed at assessing your report writing skills :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Line graph for the consumption and production of energy