Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

WRITING TASK 1: THE LINE GRAPH/ fast food consumed by teenagers

Kalyn17992 9 / 19 1  
The line graph below shows changes in the amount and type of fast food consumed by Australian teenagers from 1975 to 2000.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.

The line graph illustrates the number of fast food consumed by teenagers in Australia between 1975 and 2000. Overall, the consumption of fish and chips declined exponentially, whereas there was a rapid growth of hamburgers and pizza during the period.

In 1975, fish and chips are the most popular fast food with Australian teenagers, being eaten 100 times per year, while pizza and hamburgers were consumed fewer than approximately 5 times each year. However, from 1980 to 1985, after having a brief rise again, fish and chips plunged to a low of just under 40 times per year over the 25 years timescale.

By contrast, teenagers ate the other two fast food at much higher levels. The consumption of pizza climbed markedly until it overtook fish and chips consumption and it then levelled off between 1995 and 2000. The biggest growth among fast food was hamburgers, increasing considerably throughout 1980's and 1990's, exceeding fish and chips consumption in 1995. It finished at the same level that fish and chips began, with the consumption at 100 times a year.

(176 words)

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 1: THE LINE GRAPH/ fast food consumed by teenagers