The line graph shows the amount of book expenditure for 4 different euro countries; IELTS 1

yogi07 4 / 3  
The line graph shows the amount of book expenditure for 4 different euro countries; Germany, France, Italy and Austria, during a decade from 1995 to 2005 and is measured in million US dollars. Overall, it is important to note that France, Austria and Germany had a little deviation in book purchasing in the end of 2005. Then, Austria rose sharply for the last following 5 years than other countries.

Germany and France were the majority in book purchasing. Germany stood at 80 million dollars in 1995, which the higher than 3 countries. The trend rose significantly during first four years but there was then a gradual fall during next four years, though it increased again to approximately 95 million dollars in 2005. However, the France trend grew noticeably over 20 years

In contrast, Italy and Austria had a similar pattern. From 1995 to 1999 saw a significant growth for the amount of Austria book expenditure but there was then a stable to 2001. Following this, the expenditure rose rapidly to finish period at more than 60 million dollars which approached the second majority. By 1995 to 1997, Italy trend fluctuated though they increased markedly the following years

fijarakbar25 11 / 13 2  
Then, Austria rose sharply for the last following 5 years than that of other countries.

which the higher than 3 countries.= which was the highest among three countries

there was then a gradual fall during = but then there was a gradual fall

From 1995 to 1999 saw a significant growth for the amount of Austria book expenditure but there was then a stable to 2001. But it was followed by a stable pattern

to finish period = to the remaining frame time
The method by which you developed this report creates an authoritative tone for yourself as a reporter. This has allowed you to present the information you took from the illustration in a manner that will have the reader believing that you actually understand what you are talking about.

... different euro EUROPEAN countries; ...
... in BY the end ...
... the last following...

... which the IS ...
... 3 OTHER countries...
there was then a ...
during THE next...
... the France FRENCH PURCHASE trend ...

... saw THERE WAS a...
... there was then a stable to IT STABILIZED IN 2001.
... to finish THE period
... Italy trend fluctuated IN EXPENSE...

The presentation of your English written skills also shows an effort on your part to prove that you have an advanced grasp of the English language. Something that would be appreciated and rewarded by any examiner. Overall, the grammar needs work (as usual) but the content cannot be faulted for its informative value.

Home / Writing Feedback / The line graph shows the amount of book expenditure for 4 different euro countries; IELTS 1