Task 1: The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows

Iloveielts 8 / 16 1  

uk residents in travel

The line graph compares the trips to and from the UK between 1979 and 1999 while the bar chart illustrates five countries that most attracted the British in 1999. Overall, the initial impression is the UK saw a higher increase in their citizens travelling abroad than in their foreign visitors. It is also evident that France was the most attractive destination for British visitors.

Regarding the line graph, in 1999, the numbers of UK residents visiting overseas was nearly 15 million, which was higher than that of people arriving in UK (10 million). Toward the end of the period, while the figure for visits abroad made by the British experienced a dramatic increase by 40 million, the number of visits to the UK by foreigners tripled to nearly 30 million.

In 1999, over 10 million UK residents visited France, which was considerably higher than that of Spain (9 million). Next in ranking was USA, with is figure being one third that of Spain. Meanwhile, Turkey and Greece are the least favored of all the examined countries, with just 2.5 and 2 million UK visitors arriving in these nations respectively.

The line graph and bar chart are provided as 2 separate images. These are not collective representations. The focus of each image is different. Therefore, these cannot be presented in the summary as a continuing sentence presentation. Each image requires a stand alone sentence and a stand alone trending reference. The trending references must also indicate the image type within the trend, just to make sure the reader is not confused about which trend belongs to which image.

Image differentiation seems to be a problem for this writer. He just assumes that just because he has mentioned one image type in the previous paragraph, there is no need for him to mention the second image when discussing its content. Discussing the content, without referencing the source will cause confusion for the reader. The more confusion there is, the less chance of the essay getting a passing score.
Pore 3 / 5  
I just to want to suggest you reread your essay for these errors: "Next in ranking ... with is figure..." (its), "Meanwhile, Turkey and Greece are the least favored..." (were)

Hope this can help you!

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1: The line graph shows visits to and from the UK from 1979 to 1999, and the bar graph shows