Should we live a simpler life without technology?

lacusclyne 16 / 25 11  
To some people, recent booms in the field of technology have allowed environmental problems to take a turn for the worst, therefore, we should maintain a simpler lifestyle. Such opinion is countered by the trend of thoughts that technologies may help solve these problems. The following essay will address both opinions and thereby give my personal feeling.

Supporters of a simpler life with little help from modern technologies point out that the environment is badly impaired by the machines and devices we currently use. For an example, exhaust emitted from cars' engines acts as a central figure air pollution. What is more, we are inhabiting a constantly changing society in which every technology keeps adapting and being revolutionized. For instance, we continuously see the dominance and rapid fall of smart technologies like smartphones. Such phenomenon are thought to create a 'throw-away" society where the life span of a product or invention only extends for several months, which consequently results in over packaging and excessive wastes being disposed and discharged to local ecosystems.

However, technologies also help with the cleansing of our environment. For instance, modern technologies have made it possible to humans to harness renewable and limitless energies like wind, wave and solar that we revolutionize the whole energy industry and initiate positive changes in environmental situation. What is more, advancements in the field of robotics also allow us to make predictions about climate change and get access to some biological, natural disaster sites, the Chernobyl nuclear explosive site provide the best case in point, which are deemed to be fatal to humans.

In brief, technologies, in cases as such, can be two-edged swords which I think the advantages and demerits that they may bring to our Earth may depend upon the way we use them
- To some people, the recent booms in the...
-... therebyhereby sufficegive my personal feeling.
- For an example, exhaust emitted from cars'(you don't need an apostrophe on the word "cars") engines
- ..which consequently, results in overis a result of the packaging and excessive wastes
- being disposed andor discharged to localthe ecosystems.
- For instance,A good example of this is when modern technologies have made it possible tofor - ..wave and solar energy ( in some cases you have to indicate a clear subject, don't assume that your readers get your message in the first place ) that we..

- What is moreMoreover , advancements in the...

I definitely agree with your conclusion, technology in itself helped us a lot and it continues to teach us how and why we should use them.

One way or another, it's all up to human beings, we as the most powerful mammal in the chain should use technology for whatever purpose it may serve as best.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should we live a simpler life without technology?