TASK 2: Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious problems,

duonghien 1 / -  
Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious problems, as well as practical problems.

To what extend do you agree or disgree with this statement?

It is believed that living in a region where individuals are forced to use a foreign language causes severe issues involving practical ones. From my point of view, I agree partly with this opinion.

On the one hand, there are several problems that people could struggle with in their life. First of all, individuals could suffer from various troubles related to communication. If someone is not a local person, living in other countries using their languages sometimes prevents them from understanding entire conversations with others as native speakers tend to use slang and idioms in speaking. As the result, the quality of these conversations would be declined due to individuals cannot interpret and respond immediately or correctly. In addition, individuals could be at risk of having mental health problems due to a lack of connection. This is because several people become unconfident to speak to others as they worry about conflicts and misunderstandings. Gradually, they become isolated and depressed that have a negative impact on their spiritual health. For example, some people have to come back to their hometown after living a short period in other countries due to language barriers.

On the other hand, I believe that living in a country in which people have to communicate without their mother tough brings a variety of benefits. Indeed, this is an ideal environment for people to acquire a new language that they cannot experience in their own nations. They could interact with others in a foreign language the whole day that helping all language skills to be more fluent and native. Additionally, this experience allows them to broaden their knowledge including culture and native people. Those living in other countries have opportunities to make foreign friends enables them to discover their interests as well as their beliefs. At the same time, they could encounter novel and real cultures through their language enabling them to gain deeper insight into real-life experiences.

In conclusion, while some could suffer from several troubles in understanding and mental health when living in another region without speaking their own languages, there is a wide range of disadvantages including boosting their language skills and their knowledge. This explains why I agree with this idea to a certain extent.

thanks!
I agree partly with this opinion.

Based upon? Where is the reasoning basis for your belief? That should be at least a single sentence reference to 2 related reasons or 2 single sentences referring to indepedent reasons.

a negative impact on their spiritual health.

I'm not exactly sure how this connect with the previous reference to mental health problems. These are 2 different reference points that need to be individually explained in separate paragraphs. Make sure the discussion reasons are connected through proper reasoning. Do not just give reasons for the sake of giving them. Such an error results in a lower C+C score for that paragraph and eventually, the overall scoring consideration.

practical ones

mother tough

Incorrect phrase usage. Practical ones does not clearly reference the problems created by the need to speak a foreign language. There is an LR and C+C disconnection in this sentence that leaves the reader confused as to the idea behind the sentence reference.You are dangerously coming close to an overall failing LR score by using English reference phrases incorrectly. People refer to "mother tongue" in reference to languages, not "mother tough". That is not even remotely close in meaning to the original phrase.

there is a wide range of disadvantages

You are not even proof reading at this point and it is very frustrating for me as the potential examiner. You are not even double checking the relevance of your word usage to the sentence. You were referring to missed advantages. This is a clear error as you are proceeding to mention positives of learning to speak a foreign tongue in a different country.

You need to brush up on your English colloquialisms, idioms, and other vocabulary usage. These will be the main reasons why you will get a failing score in an actual test. Your LR and C+C abilities are very poor at this point.
Dat Nguyen 2 / 2 1  
You used " on the other hand" twice in two different paragraph. It might lead to misunderstanding

Home / Writing Feedback / TASK 2: Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious problems,