Living with Family vs. Living in dormitory While Studying in the University

positive thinkr 1 / 1  

Harvard University has the highest percentage of undergraduate students living on campus in fall 2011, according to data reported to U.S. news in an annual survey. People are always looking forward a better education. However, many people have hesitance about where they should reside while studying in the university. Shall they live in the university campus hall? Alternatively, shall they live in family home? I think living in residence hall is different from living in home in three main factors, which are: creating friendships and improving sociable life, time management and responsibility, also safety and security.

The most obvious difference between living on campus and living at home while studying is meeting new people and sociable life. First, although living in dormitory provides students with endless chances to meet new people, the number of friends is still few. Consequently, it has positive effects; it gives students more time to focus on their study. On the other hand, living in home provides students with wide social circle. Therefore, he or she will spend much time with friends and family member in an environment which is full of noise, disturbance, and less concentration. Second, friends usually have the same objective, which is learning, and developing themselves, thus they push themselves to study to compete with other fellows. For instance, many students can make a group study sessions to help each other, and it will help in getting high grades. A research concludes that living in residence hall and cooperative houses has a positive influence on student grade point average (GPA). Unlike dormitory, home has no competitive floor or strong motivation that encourages you as a student to study hard. Third, the life inside the university campus imposes the friends you will have due to the few choices. Conversely, students who are outside the dormitory are freer in choosing their friends.

A second difference between living on campus and living in home is time management and responsibility. In the university, students hold their time. They can use their time wisely. For instance, they can manage their time in making projects, meeting friends, and researching in the library, etc. In addition, students who are living in the dormitory are more responsible to decline the distraction and object other students to go to amusements. While students who are living at home are less responsible because they are not the only people who hold their time, but other share their time with them. For example, a family member can connivance him or her to go somewhere. Furthermore, living in the dormitory can lessen the hassled time to wait for the bus. Instead of the long transportation, short walk can send you to library, laboratory, and classroom.

The third difference between dormitory life and home life is security and safety. First, in dormitory, there is no privacy because many roommates can easily hear and observe you. Unlike dormitory, home provides you with privacy you want.

Second, safety for students who resides on campus hall is little compared to homes. For example, there is a student put a poison in her roommate's lemon juice because she claimed that, the poisoned girl always used her personal things such as food, clothes and phones without asking for permission. Hence, she was fed up with this issue. Dissimilar to dormitory, home provides you with safe private environment.

Here are the main three differences between living at residence hall and living at home while studying. As we can see, it comes down to personal choice based on the financial case. Therefore, it is important to choose the best for you to help you to approach your dreams and success in life.
Shall they live in the university campus hall? Alternatively, shall they live in family home?

.... Replace "shall" with "should"

I think living in residence hall is different from living inat home infor three main factorsreasons, which are: creating friendships and improving sociable life, time management and responsibility, also safety and security.

Well.... is this response for IELTS or TOEFL? You better mention that in your topic (Subject field - when you open a new thread) and also include the prompt in your post. Then others know how to comment on your essay. If this is for one of those task, I'd suggest you to follow this structure and read the samples I'm providing.
OP positive thinkr 1 / 1  
Thanks.
It is not for TOEFL. it was an assignment.Well, i never wrote a good paragraph.And when i joined this site, i hoped to become a good writer as an other great writers.I would like to ask how is the idea? is it strong? and i think i followed this structure? and is there cohesion in my essay? Because these three things beside the sentence fragments never leave them in my writing.The professor said a comparison contrast paragraph.

THANKS.

Home / Writing Feedback / Living with Family vs. Living in dormitory While Studying in the University