Living in large urban areas has turned into the most attractive choice of many. It may be an issue.

gholamirayan 1 / 1  

Ielts Task 2 Essay. Problem Solution Essay

People who live in large cities face a range of Problems in their daily life.What are the most significant of these problems? How can these problems be tackled?

Living in large urban areas has turned into the most attractive choice of many. While inhabiting major cities offer a multitude of opportunities, mega-city dwellers face a large number of issues on every day of their lives. This essay will examine some of these problems and then propose some possible solutions.

To begin with, traffic congestion is a serious issue which everyone living in a big city has been struggling with. The increasing number of personal vehicles in addition to the low cost of fuels has led to bumper-to bumper traffic and gridlocks in these cities. To address this problem, governments should provide not only more frequent but also high quality public transportation. Furthermore, more publicity campaign must be done to encourage using bikes and other not-motorist and clean modes of transportation.

Another major issue, is high price of property. For many, buying a small house in such cities is a dream that can never be fulfilled. Statistics show that more that 50% of a city-inhabitant is spent on accommodation. Take Hong Kong as an example, to rent s one meter square accommodation, more than 200 us dollars is charged. To solve this, governments should put more resources into affordable housing and they should provide more subsidies to lessen the burdens of buying a decent house for people with low financial capabilities.

To conclude, dwelling in a major city, considering its many benefits they bring about, is full of different issue, which cannot be fully addressed. The government should start tackling these issues such as traffic congestion and the high costs of accommodation, otherwise living in large cities would be the last choice one might make.
Hammy 13 / 35  
actually, i consider that if you spent body 1 on problems and body 2 on solutions, your essay would be greater because the subject asks for problems and solutions
Mahdi, aim for clarity in your sentence presentations. While meeting the minimum word count is important, you should learn to do that using words that give a better meaning to your presentation rather than several words that add confusion to your presentation. For example, instead of saying "a large number of issues", you could simply say "many issues". The latter phrase creating clarity in the presentation as opposed to "a large number of issues" which makes the reader think about what you are trying to say. As for your sentence structure, simple errors like a missing hyphen in high-quality and one-meter can help to increase the complexity of your sentence presentation as per GRA standards.

Observing your discussion style, it is obvious to me that you do not know how to respond to a direct question essay yet. In this instance, there are two direct questions being asked:

1. What are the most significant of these problems?
2. How can these problems be tackled?

Both these questions require direct responses in the prompt paraphrase as the basis of your thesis presentation. The 2 significant problems need to be presented along with the one or 2 possible solutions to the problems. The related and complete discussions should be presented in a 2reasoning paragraph format.

In this type of essay, you must use connecting phrases or sentences to connect 2 related ideas in one paragraph. Therefore, rather than presenting 2 reasons in 2 separate paragraphs, you must present the problems as 2 connected problems in one paragraph. The problems must show a connection to one another in order to meet the cohesiveness and coherence requirement of the essay as indicated in the first question response requirement. At least 2 connected solutions must also be presented in the solution discussion paragraph. Your current presentation does not score well in this aspect because of the lack of connection in the discussion of both questions.

The biggest error in this essay is that you discussed the requirement for a solution as simply saying the government has to solve it when the prompt is asking what you can do to help solve the problem. Those are two different things. Also, the solution cannot be discussed as the concluding paragraph. The concluding paragraph must never continue the discussion because that last paragraph is called the concluding summary. Which means you merely remind the reviewer about the topic for the discussion and the proposed solutions, with a concluding sentence to close the essay. Try to read the sample direct question essays at this forum for a better idea as to how you can approach the various question styles provided.
OP gholamirayan 1 / 1  
thanks for your informative comment..

Home / Writing Feedback / Living in large urban areas has turned into the most attractive choice of many. It may be an issue.