Living on their own or living at home during school days.

jdchan 1 / -  
Some university students move away and live on their own while they are attending school, but others live at home with their family while they are students.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Some people advocate for the viewpoint that university students should move out of their houses and live independently whilst others argue that living with their family will be a better choice during school days. Although both schools of thought have their reasonability, I believe that living with family members is likely to be a better selection.

On the one hand, there are various reasons living on their own is a good decision. First, it is no doubt that living alone encourages students to be more independent and self-reliant. To be more specific, instead of being served meals by parents every single day, now they have to prepare food for themselves. Furthermore, they have more freedom in making decisions on their own. For example, even if they hang out until midnight or stay with their friends, there is no need to get permission from their parents.

Despite these arguments, I still believe living with family is much better for several reasons. Self-caring is too demanding for those who got used to living with their parents. For instance, when they live at home they do not have to try out any recipes or do household chores because they have their parents to assist them. Another point is that living far away from family leads to some problems related to their mental health as there is no direct support from their family when they are misled or overburdened.

All in all, living alone sounds like a perfect choice for some students; however, in my opinion, family is always the best place to stay while attending university.
Good work on the prompt restatement. It is a well integrated sentence presentation that shows control over sentence structuring. The writer's opinion sentence is also well represented but would have been stronger with the inclusion of a supporting reason sentence.

The problem comes in the development of the reasoning paragraphs. Rather than providing a properly referenced 3rd person group pronoun explanation of each side, the writer uses a general personal point of view instead. The correct format would have been to first depict a reason and explanation for a public opinion, using the correct pronouns as previously mentioned, then having the writer agree or disagree, with a valid personal insight, within the last few sentences of the same paragraph. This is a comparative essay /written debate after all.

Aside from the response format error, it is pleasing to see that the writer understood the topic and presented valid discussion points. This would have been a passing response had the correct format been used.

Home / Writing Feedback / Living on their own or living at home during school days.