IELTS - Local & International news , which is more important ?

learner26 4 / 7  
Some people focus on national news, while others think it is more important to be aware of international news. Discuss both views and offer your opinion.

The media world has become increasingly important in the 21st Century since the advent of the internet. News can be fetched and easily accessible regardless geographical position of the reader. Recently, an argument on whether it is better to focus on local or international news has sparked a debate. Both views will be discussed and analysed before a reasoned conclusion can be reached.

On the one side, people tend to focus on local news as they are more relevant to their daily life. For instance, majority Malaysian follow the national political development as it impacts various aspects of their life including finance, health and education. The relevancy of local news allows people to express their concerns and to discuss the current issues happening around them. This point shows the importance of following up the national news over international news.

On the other side, some people think it is crucial to be aware of international news due to the competitiveness of this globalized world. For example, China has emerged as the fastest growing nation in term of economy and a lot of countries are trading with it. The current affairs of China in this example are viewed and deemed as important as it could affect the currency values and subsequently the trade market. From this point, it seems that international news is worth to be aware of by some people.

In view of the two arguments discussed, it is difficult to decide which side has more significance to the reader. It is concluded that both national and international news are equally important and thus readers are encouraged to read news relevant to them.
workinprogress 1 / 12  
This is very well written and I see both sides fairly well. But please take note that this asks for your opinion. I feel as if maybe you are presenting too much information about what other people or "some people" think rather than what you think. You should include some personal examples as well (:

Best of luck <3
princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
only a few grammatical mistakes
regardless OF geological
their daily LIVES
majority Malaysian => most Malaysian people/ the majority of Malaysian.
It's a well-written essay, with clear points :)
OP learner26 4 / 7  
Hi guys,

Many thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.
amer77 1 / 6  
' fastest growing nation in terms of economy' and I would rephrase the sentence 'a lot of countries are trading with it'. You can say China has a good trade balance with other countries. Great essay, good job!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - Local & International news , which is more important ?