lot of people migrate to mega cities,reasons and the way to prevent the trend.

shahdad 7 / 17  
hi i am new,i enrolled in IELTS exam.unfortunately,my writings are so poor.so,i would be happy to have your opinion and it would be great if you could score me between 0 to 9.

It has been around forty years since migration to metropolises is the main concern of governments.Experts strongly believe that it is authorities fault and unless this trend do not stop in soon future,it will have very bad impact on peoples economic life.It is,Therefore,government responsibility to control it.Here are some reasons and solutions for this challenge.

High rate of unemployment is playing big role in migration youths to urbatheir an areas.for instance,lot of young people leave their villages and families in order to reach their ambitions and have better life.Regardless of this fact that a significant number of them get frustrated when they do not reach their goals.

Another reason for this trend is lack of facilities and higher education in rural areas.Parents looking for better future for their children.so,they migrate to mega cities

to provide better chance of education for their children,and in result of that they get better paid job.
Providing loans and offering inducement to businesses can reduce the great deal of migration trend.However,it is not adequate and government have to establish huge universities and make it possible to access first world facilities and transportation.For example,building highways can bring tourist and businesses to these areas.

In conclusion,i do believe government is account for such trends and unless the country budget do not spent efficiently in villages,this trends will rise significantly.
amrosca 4 / 130  
Hei Shahdad! :D

Welcome to Essay Forums! I hope you'll find your stay here to be of some use!

I don't know how to grade your essay according to the IELTS, but it is a pretty decent essay.

Please hit space after finishing a sentence or after a comma.
It is not funny.It is sad. --> It is not funny._ It is sad.
Therefore,I'm not laughing. --> Therefore,_ I am not laughing.

You're essay is definitely structured, but I feel like your suggestions are unrealistic. Building more and more universities will not better the conditions in rural areas. If a government decides to increase loans, that would only make it collapse in debt it won't be able to repay. What could be done is to promote other jobs that do not require college education. Teachers should motivate high school seniors to open their own businesses and be able to produce something. Let's remember that a society needs all kinds of jobs to stay balanced. We don't need only doctors and lawyers, but also bakers, housekeepers, tailors, farmers and bus drivers. Those salaries should be risen in order for this to happen. I can guarantee you, that if a farmer would gain money and respect by doing a good job more people would try to become farmers.
OP shahdad 7 / 17  
my special thanks to
amrosca.
I hope you'll find your stay here to be of some use!

Ha ha, you are a good host.

ONLY capitalize the first word of a sentence.

It has been around forty years since migration to metropolises is the main concern of governments.---This sentence has a strange form. I will suggest a different form below:

For about forty years, migration has been a major concern of governments.-----I think this is simpler and clearer.

In conclusion, I do believe government is accountable for such trends, and unless the country's budget is spent efficiently in villages, this trend will rise significantly.

:-)
Roxal 3 / 13  
I have a question tho, when do you use "government" or "governments"?
Hi Peter, thanks for the great help you have been giving people. The word government is just like any other word. Use singular when you are talking about one government.

The government of the United States is arguing about the "debt ceiling."
The governments of the developed nations of the world are trying to achieve long-lasting peace.

Does that answer the question you asked? :-)
amrosca 4 / 130  

I still have a question about this: when you talk about "government" in general should you use the plural?

Let's say for example you have the following sentence:
Governments should protect the interest of citizens.
Is it correct or should it be:
A government should protect the interest of citizens.
It's both! You get to choose your style. If there was a rule for everything in writing, it wouldn't be art. But you know that, I think!

however, for a nice style it is good to use "number agreement." Like this:
A government should protect the interests of citizens.
Governments should protect the interests of citizens.
amrosca 4 / 130  
Aha .. Thanks! :D
OP shahdad 7 / 17  
thank you for your time ef-kervin.

Home / Writing Feedback / lot of people migrate to mega cities,reasons and the way to prevent the trend.