Luis Riel led two rebellions against his government, killing many in the process - guilty of treason

aria12345678 1 / 1 1  
In my opinion Louis riel was guilty because the metis had no legal land, Riel was not a man of peace and he went against his government starting 2 rebellions.

Neither Louis Riel nor the metis people owned or had any papers proving that they owned the land that they were settling on. The rightful owner of this land was the Hudson Bay Company later bought out by the Dominion of Canada. After Canada bought Rupert's land surveyors appeared in the Red River settlement area and began to divide up the land into square lots, Louis forced the surveyors to leave there land even though it was not rightfully the metis land, all the surveyors were doing was there job is there anything wrong with that? Imagine being a construction man working on a building and out of nowhere thousands of people force you to leave your unfinished workspace. How do you think your boss would react to this? How would you react to this? Metis didn't have legal land or any papers to prove they owned the land, so the government had every right to take it from them.

Riel spoke about peace, yet he killed Thomas Scott. Riel said that they killed Thomas Scott because he felt that he was a threat, but I believe they killed Scott because of their feelings towards the dominion of Canada. Think about it Thomas Scott was locked away in a cell what harm could he have caused? Since when did any peaceful man execute another man? Riel and Métis fought instead of finding a more peaceful solution. In the end Riel and fellow Métis, became violent and said they wanted peace, it seemed like Riel didn't want peace for various reasons.

Louis led not one but two rebellions against the Canadian government killing many men. The first rebellion was the red river rebellion, The Red River Rebellion was the sequence of events related to the 1869 establishment of a provisional government by the Métis leader Louis Riel and his followers at the Red River Colony, in what is now the Canadian province of Manitoba. After this rebellion Louis retreated to America later to be called back to help with the second rebellion the north west rebellion, The North-West Rebellion (or the North-West Resistance, Saskatchewan Rebellion, Northwest Uprising, or Second Riel Rebellion) of 1885 was a brief and unsuccessful uprising by the Métis people under Louis Riel, and an associated uprising by First Nations Cree and Assiniboine, of the District of Saskatchewan against the Canadian government.

The definition of treason in the dictionary is the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government. Louis Riel was a metis so he was technically Canadian, which means he led two rebellions attacking his government and killing many in the process. In my opinion yes Louis riel is guilty of treason
Hey Aria, I edited your essay to make it quicker to read while keeping all of the historical facts accurate and correctly placed within the essay. There are punctuation additions, Capitalization corrections, and sentence structure formatting edits reflected. Here is what I came up with:

In my opinion Louis Riel was guilty because the Metis had no legal land, Riel was not a man of peace and he went against his government by starting 2 rebellions.

Neither Louis Riel nor the Metis people owned or had any papers proving that they owned the land that they settled on. The rightful owner of this land was the Hudson Bay Company which was later bought out by the Dominion of Canada. After Canada bought Rupert's land , surveyors appeared in the Red River settlement area and began to divide the land into square lots, Louis forced the surveyors to leave their land even though it was not rightfully Metis land, all the surveyors were doing was there job. Is there anything wrong with that?

Imagine being a construction worker on a building and out of nowhere , thousands of people force you to leave your unfinished work space. How do you think your boss would react to that? How would you react to the situation? The Metis didn't have legal land or any papers to prove they owned the land, so the government had every right to take it from them.

Riel spoke about peace, yet he killed Thomas Scott. Riel said that they killed Thomas Scott because he was a threat. I believe they killed Scott because of their feelings towards the dominion of Canada. Think about it. Thomas Scott was locked away in a cell. What harm could he have caused? Since when did any peaceful man execute another man? Riel and Métis fought instead of finding a more peaceful solution. In the end Riel and Métis, became violent while saying that they wanted peace. It seemed like Riel didn't want peace for various reasons.

Louis led not one but two rebellions against the Canadian government , killing many men. The first rebellion was the Red River Rebellion, The Red River Rebellion was the sequence of events related to the 1869 establishment of a provisional government by the Métis leader Louis Riel at the Red River Colony, in what is now Manitoba. After this rebellion , Louis retreated to America. Later to be called back to help with the second rebellion known as the North-West Rebellion, The North-West Rebellion (also known by other historical names such as the North-West Resistance, Saskatchewan Rebellion, Northwest Uprising, or Second Riel Rebellion) of 1885 was a brief and unsuccessful uprising by the Métis people under Louis Riel, and an associated uprising by the First Nations Cree and Assiniboine, of the District of Saskatchewan.

The definition of treason in the dictionary is that it is a crime of betraying one's country. This is done either by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government. Louis Riel was a Metis so he was technically Canadian who led two rebellions attacking his government. In my opinion yes Louis Riel is guilty of treason.
OP aria12345678 1 / 1 1  
thank you so much @vangiespen you helped a lot

Home / Writing Feedback / Luis Riel led two rebellions against his government, killing many in the process - guilty of treason