Is maintaining public libraries a waste of money since the Internet is now replacing their function?

Nathan531 1 / -  

The importance of public libraries nowadays

Many people assert that with the explosion of the Internet these days, various information can be easily found online, therefore there are no reasons to spend a huge amounts of money attempting to update the public libraries. However, I am in the opposition to this idea, since libraries still play a vital role in conveying knowledge to people and many of them even have historical significance. To support my view, several reasons are outlined in this essay.

A very important point to consider is that libraries contain an enormous amount of knowledge about various topics, and most of them are completely true. In spite of the fact that people still find it easily to access to different kinds of information online, it is noticeable that there is still a range of unverified or wrong information from harmful resources. For instance, there are variations of articles that lie about all the historical occasions in the past and are successful in attempting to make readers believe the wrong information they convey. So maintaining libraries play a crucial role in order to help people access verified and correct knowledge.

It should also be remembered that a number of libraries from different countries in the world nowadays have even become the symbols of various aspects, especially education. They also consist of the beauty of architecture from a few centuries ago, and many of them have been considered national heritages, which impresses the fact that libraries play a vital role in humans' lives. To illustrate this point, I would like to mention the library of Leipzig University in Germany, which was constructed in the 1500s and has still been in use until nowadays.

Granted it is true that the Internet has brought a range of opportunities to help people access various information in a brief time. Nonetheless, it is more important to remember that the public libraries still contain significant importance in ordinary life and different aspects like art, historical meaning and architecture.
However, I am in the opposition to this idea

Review the writing instructions. The writing is to be based on "to what extent" a response that you markedly failed to provide in your opinion statement. The response /opinion you provided is incorrectly based on a simple agree or disagree statement. You will not recieve full marks due to the partially incorrect response format.

The rest of the discussion paragraphs are quite strong and well structured. Your well supported discussion points will help you gain proper passing scores in several sections. You have done a good job of proving your English comprehension skills. Leading me to believe that the response format error was only an oversight on your part.

Home / Writing Feedback / Is maintaining public libraries a waste of money since the Internet is now replacing their function?