Maintaining status quo can cause personal and professional stagnation of a person's development

AnnaAnna 1 / 2  
People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What kind of problems can this cause? What solutions can you suggest?

It is generally believed that human beings oppose new beginnings emerging in their lives. These initiations are usually accompanied with fear, uncertainties and pain, both on physical and emotional levels. It is necessary to admit that maintain status quo can cause personal and professional stagnation of a person's development. However, there are some ways to tackle with negative impact of resistance.

To begin with, avoidance of undertaking new actions can result in the deadlock of personal development. A person definitely faces new challenges and difficulties, which one needs to deal with. As a result of being under a shell might lead to narrow-mindedness, misguidance and immaturity. Another worrying trend of abstaining from changes is hindrance of professional development. Honing skills in order to succeed in getting a better job adds more professionalism and experience. If people are not willing to improve their skills, it may slow down the progress and evolution.

Overcoming these issues, of course, is problematic, but actions need to be taken. From the early childhood, parents should encourage their children to explore the world and their abilities and talents. A child could be taught how to make difficult decisions, so they get used to be responsible for the implications and consequences. This upbringing teaches that life constantly changes and it is necessary for personal growth to be well-rounded and mature. Furthermore, one thing that would be improve the situation in professional sphere is if the employers pay attention to the competencies of their employees. The environment where constant improvement is required would not let employees to be lazy and ignorant.

To sum up, the nature has created us resentful to a change that is probably the mechanism of protection. Nevertheless, long period of stability can cause personal regress and career issues. Therefore, bringing up a child in the proper environment and actions of employees can stop these negative influences.
It is generally believed that human beings oppose new beginnings emerging in their lives

.... Well, I think this is not a fair statement. Rather, it is unfair to generalize that every human being resists change. Some are even looking forward and the human nature is such that we get quickly bored of repeating the same old thing. So, it is safe to say that some oppose changes and some really look forward.

These initiations are usually accompanied with fear, uncertainties and pain, both on physical and emotional levels. Iphysically and emotionally.
OP AnnaAnna 1 / 2  
Thank you for your comment!
your body paragraphs need to contain reasons and specific examples to justify those reasons. I find many reasons here, but no specific examples.
I feel you need to pay attention to your essay structure. I guess you are preparing for IELTS or TOEFL.

Home / Writing Feedback / Maintaining status quo can cause personal and professional stagnation of a person's development