Major cities are good for spending vacations or for money but to live I prefer a small town.

Ssakshijain 28 / 146 87  
Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Small towns symbolizes the traditional customs of a nation while big cities run on the technology wheels. On one hand small cities are quite with less facilities whereas major cities are equipped with all the facilities and are noisy with crowded people. I prefer to live in small towns with less people and more interaction.

I was raised in a joint family with grandmother, uncles and aunts, parents, cousins and siblings. I love being connected to each other on every small occasion while living in the same town. My marriage took me to the metropolitan city of our country. The one with metros and multiple highways. Roads are always crowded with cars honking and trying to surpass each other. I always heard about the fast lifestyle of big cities but never got a chance to live there. But when I did, I never liked it. As the adage says "Too many cooks spoil the broth". Same with the city , too many people have spoiled the charm of city. I am talking about the ordinary face of a big city where the roads are messed up with garbage and homeless people follow you on roads. This is why I never felt like to live in big cities.

I have visited US, the New York city one of the major big cities. The night life and liveliness enthrall the visitors. But seeing the helpless people on streets and roads with piles of garbage spreading smell all over is not the place to live in my eyes. Such cities are good for spending vacations or for enjoyment but one can not think of staying here for life. For spending the life, one always looks for peaceful and calm place salubrious to live. So do I , I prefer to live in a city where there would be no noise and a healthy environment to breathe.

Lastly, in my opinion big cities are not as safe as small towns. Small towns due to small population are easy to manage, thus have low rate of accidents or other mis-happenings. Whereas big cities are always in news for major casualties sometimes due to accidents, or some illegal actions. To exemplify, the town from where I belong has a good control of police who used to check any midnight vehicles traveling in and out or within the city. There is patrolling at every sector of the city and people are scared to commit a crime. On the other hand , the metropolitan city has several areas where it is not safe to go alone like in Delhi, the capital of India. Number of crimes took place during midnight due to no security. Thus, living in small cities is more safer than to live in major cities.

In a nutshell, I would say that major cities are good for spending vacations or for money but to live I prefer to live in a small town with a cheerful and safe atmosphere.
Jonyface 3 / 4 1  
- I have visited US, the New York city one of the major big cities ----- I visited New York in US, one of their busiest major cities.

- But seeing the helpless people on streets and roads with piles of garbage spreading smell all over is not the place to live in my eyes. ---- But encountering the homeless people living next to piles of garbage dissuades my decision to live there.

- This is your personal opinion. Do not use "one", instead "I".
- If this is an essay, you might want to make your concluding paragraph longer.

Home / Writing Feedback / Major cities are good for spending vacations or for money but to live I prefer a small town.