What majors should university's student enroll?

RAY93 35 / 186 136  
Some people believe that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.

Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

The proper chosen regarding to the university subject should be taken by high school leavers has arisen a big concern from society since it is all about future careers. Although some argue that the most important subject to study is all related to science and technology, I believe that attending university in favour majors is the best as it can be stimulate creativity, innovation and self-reliant of student.

In fact, science and technology are the popular majors with high enrollment in majority of universities as the great demand for the alumni from these knowledge branches. About more than 50% of opened job opportunity and work sector is related to both these subjects in all over the world. In addition, those who granted degree from science and technology are more likely to be hired by employers as suitable educational background with career position offered. Taking China as an example, with best known for industrial country, scientist and specialist on technology are highly needed to run the large scale manufacturing there, and this fact is similarly occurred in other countries. By this, beside well known as profitable subjects by the student, parents also tend to ask their children to study those majors as it reasonable to obtain stable and well-paid job in the future. Nevertheless, we can't deny this phenomenon, but I would argue the world is still need bachelors from others major and it is much more relief for students to study what they like.

Attending university by what students are likely to learn is the most pivotal as they need to be relaxed and focused on their majors which plausibly maintain only if they love the subjects. To take higher education level is complicated issue considered about the ability, interest and talent of students which is the reason why university offers diverse lectures to attract them to study based on their passion. An educational research in British revealed the relation between students' happiness during college with the kinds of major they enrolled. It said that they who interest with their majors are more creative and innovative person, they also have the chance to develop their learning skills and enhance their individual learner proficiency than those stressed with their study. Obviously, these quality of workforces are more dynamic and profitable to being hired by company as business need creative and innovative employees.

In sum, I extremely believe that it is more essential for student to study the majors they like in university than take those which related to science and technology even it is good choice for their career in the future.
fardan10 18 / 25 1  
Hi friends, let me to respond you writing:
In sum, I extremely believe that it is more essential [...] choice for their career in the future.
My Suggestion:
To sum it up, Although the development of science and technology are of more chance than others for better career, involving in subjects which students are interested will lead them to be suceess. I firmly believe that students will be reach the bright future horizons by his choices which are relexed for them.

(in my personal argument, it is better to make a review of whole your essay in cunclusion before you emphasise your own opinion)
Nevertheless, we can't cannot deny this phenomenon (it is crucial in writing to not use contraction )

Home / Writing Feedback / What majors should university's student enroll?