How to make a child good member of society? They should learn that in school and at home.

islam12308 1 / -  
Essay topic: Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however believe that school is the place to learn this.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

How to make a child good member of society? A lot of parents are interested in answer to this question. While it is argued by some that children should be taught by their parents, others say that the most appropriate place for teaching children how to be an acceptable citizen is school. These both points of view will be discussed in this essay.

Some people are sure that teaching to be an appropriate member of society is best made by parents. Firstly, that's because parents must have a great experience and knowledge, which they have obtained during their life. It's believed that these experience and knowledge have to be given as lessons to their children. Secondly, parents are people, who have most duration of time with children and this time should be used to demonstrate how to be right member of community. Thus, if parents teach their offspring, it can have many advantages.

On the other hand, others contradict opinion that parents should teach children by assuring that school is the best place for this purpose. It's believed that school is little community which emulates future life for children. In addition, teachers in school give lessons about decorum. Furthermore, there are in schools are especial punishments for disobeying common rules. As a result, it can teach students to become good persons in future.

Views that parents' experience help children and that school is the place, where future global life is emulated were analyzed in this essay. To sum up, I hold the opinion that children have to study how to be good member of community in school. I think that children should study this not only in school, but also parents should participate in it.
ChristineB - / 108 55  
Hi islam12308. I don't know what IELTS scores are, but I will try to help you with your essay anyway. First, here are some questions I'll ask you that might help you enhance your essay:

1. Is it possible that school is a better place for children to learn to be a good member of society because parents are so busy working all the time? Children spend a lot of time at school and parents are often short on time.

2. On the other hand, is it fair to ask teachers to teach all of the lessons AND how to be a good member of society? Teachers are already overworked and underpaid. Can we really ask them to do more?

Now, here are my edits to what you've written:

Who is best equipped to teach our children how to be good members of society? Some argue that children benefit most from learning these types of lessons from their parents, while others argue that teachers and schools can more effectively teach them how to be good citizens.How to make a child good member of society? [...]

[...] and knowledge have to be given as lessons to their children. The problem with this statement is that teachers also have great experience and knowledge, so those factors don't necessarily make parents the better choice.In ideal circumstances, a child's parents are the ones who spend the most time with the child. It makes sense, then, that parents would have the most influence when it comes to teaching children how to be good members of society.Secondly, parents are people, who ...

On the other hand, schools offer children the opportunity to experience life in a miniaturized, "controlled" community, where they can perhaps more readily learn real-life lessons about how to be good members of society than they could at home. Discipline is expected and enforced in schools, so children quickly learn that disobedience results in negative consequences.others contradict opinion that parents ...

Views that parents' experience help [...] To sum up, I hold theMy opinion is that children can and should learn how to be good members of society from both their parents and the schools. A parent-school team approach to teaching these important lessons is likely more effective than relying on just one or the other.have to study how to be good member [...]

I hope that has helped you!

Home / Writing Feedback / How to make a child good member of society? They should learn that in school and at home.