How to make my favorite dish Chicken Casserole

collegechick53 1 / -  
Are you on a budget? Do you want to make a delicious meal for your friends and family? Well one my favorite dishes to make is a chicken Tortilla Casserole. It is under 20 dollars to make this dish.

Even if you do not have a lot of cooking experience you can cook this dish it is that easy.
I cooked this dish for my very first dinner party and all my guests loved it. It is perfect for any occasion.
You should not be afraid of cooking it is not as hard as it looks. If you like Mexican food I guarantee you will love this dinner. It is not spicy for you who like milder foods, but it has enough spice for people who like spicy foods and you can even add spices to it if you prefer spicy.

What you will need to prepare this casserole:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
1 large pinch of salt
1/2 cup chicken broth
10 6 inch flour tortillas (torn into bite-size pieces)
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1 cup shredded Mexican seasoned Monterrey Jack - Colby cheese plus 1/4 cup for end of cooking
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup salsa and small sour cream (optional).
To start put the chicken breasts in a large stockpot, cover with water and add a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot set aside to cool. Once it is cool enough to touch cut the chicken into cubes and set aside.

In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Place in a large bowl; add chicken, tortillas, soup, chilies, cheese, and pepper.

You will then transfer the casserole to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. . Bake, covered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese bake 5 minutes till cheese is melted.
You can serve it with salsa and (or) sour cream Yield:4-6 servings.
Making this casserole is just that simple; Cook and cube chicken, add some tortillas, broth, soup, cheese, bake and out comes a delicious casserole to enjoy.

The amount of money I spent on this dinner was $18.85 give or take what your grocery store prices are you might spend more or less.

I really think every body would love this dish.
Frozen foods and going to fast food places can be not as healthy and even more expensive then cooking at home. I know that I prefer home cooked to fast food or frozen foods. Anytime you invite people over you want to prepare meals that are delicious and usually homemade. This casserole is one of those simple but very good dishes.
Ssakshijain 28 / 146 87  
Hi Briana,
........Well one of my favorite .......It costs only twenty dollars to make this delicious casserole.
............this dish easily.
..............To start with put the ...........coverit with water ........ Bring it to a boil ........the pot. S et aside ............... bake for 5 minutes ...................$18.85. Give or take, what ......are, you .......

..... places can not beas healthy and evenare more .........

Home / Writing Feedback / How to make my favorite dish Chicken Casserole