Writing Task 1 : MAP - the alteration of the Stokeford village in an 80-year period

nda18 46 / 81 9  
The given maps illustrate the alternations that have been occurred in Stokeford's village for a 80-year period beginning in 1930 and ending in 2010. Overall, it can be seen that the most noticeable alternation is the replacement of many farmland with several residences.

To begin with, there are several predominant changes in houses between 1930 and 2010. All of the farmland in both the south-west and the north-east of the gardens was replaced by several residential areas. In the center part of the village, a retirement home and some settlements were developed replacing Gardens.

In addition, the only main street which can be seen in 1930, was restructured with some branches and intersection in front of a retirement home. There have been also changes in business sector. The shops which you can see in 1930 were demolished. The primary school was also altered, became larger than the former year. Only one place that remained unchanged for over 80 years which is a post office.

m7mdbsheer 6 / 7 1  
Hi Nada, here are some suggestions:
- The given maps illustrate the alternations (alternations sounds a bit improper voc. you can use: changes or growth) that have had been occurred in the Stokeford's village for an 80-year period (...) ending in 2010 (between 1930 and 2010) .

- ..., settlements were developed to replace Gardens.

- ... for over 80 years which is the post office.

keep writing :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 1 : MAP - the alteration of the Stokeford village in an 80-year period