more options in this town now
The diagrams illustrate the transformation town of Harborne, comparing 1936 with 2007.
Overall, It is clear from the maps that the town changed considerablly over the period shown with the appearance of the ressidentail area in the north east of the village. Additionalluy, the town has provided more options for shopping and leisure activities.
From 1936 to 2007, the area around the the river was developed into a residential area in the north easten part of the city. The number of trees located in the north west dropped significantly in the 71 years period.
In the center of the town, the post office, bank and library still remain. The sweet shop and butchers were destroyed, followed by the apperance of a new supermarket. The flower shop was delomished to make way for the travel agent. The bike path in the south west was redesigned as a road. In the south east, the government offices were replaced by a museum . Whereas the farmland was become the golf couse.