IELTS WRITING TASK 1: THE MAPS / coastal resort of Templeton

Kalyn17992 9 / 19 1  
The maps illustrate marked changes which have taken place at the coastal resort of Templeton from 1990 to 2005.
In 1990, the settlement was a much greener residential area with a large number of trees and individual houses, but during the next 15-year period the area witnessed a number of rapid changes. The most noticeable is that all of the trees south-west of the river were cut down, with all the houses being knocked down and replaced by supermarkets and a new stretch of railway from the river running directly west. Moreover, a new ferry was also constructed next to the railway line.

In the south of the river, all of the trees were chopped down to build the factory. Further developments were the construction of an airport near the north-east corner of the river. Only a few trees north of the river were remained and made way for the houses and apartments. Besides, new houses in the center of the town were built near the streets.

Overall, a comparison of the two maps reveals a change from a largely rural to a mainly urban landscapes.

ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Hi,

The maps illustrate marked changes which have takentook place at the coastal resort of Templeton through/over the period offrom 1990 to 2005.
In 1990, the settlement was a much greener residential area with a large number of trees and individual houses, but during the next 15-year period the area witnessed a number of rapid changes. The most noticeable change wasis that all of the trees located in the south-west of the river were cut down, as well aswith all the houses being knocked down and were replaced bywith supermarkets and a new stretch of railway from the river running directly west (this sentence is too long.) . Moreover, a new ferry was also constructed next to the railway line.

In the south of the river, all of the trees were chopped down to build thea factory. Further developments were the construction of an airport near the north-east corner of the river. Only a few trees north of the river were remained and made way for the houses and apartments. Besides, new houses in the center of the town were built near the streets.

You should write one paragraph about the area in 1990, and then mention the changes occurred over 15 years.

Cheers,
Ahmad

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1: THE MAPS / coastal resort of Templeton