The maps below show the changes that have taken place at Queen Mary Hospital since its construction

Le Trang 1 / -  

Queen Mary Hospital development stages

The diagram depicts the area of Queen Mary Hospital at 3 different stages in its development: 1960, 1980 and 2020

As can be observed from the maps, the Queen Mary Hospital changed swiftly between 1960 and 2000. One notable shift was the demolition of the shopping centre and the farmland.

In the 20-year period from 1960, in the north-western corner of the map, a cancer centre and a pharmacy were erected with the removal of the shopping centre. Similar to that, the farmland, which originally stood in the north-western corner, was converted into a nursing school. On the eastern wing, the hospital and the car park remained intact during the given period.

Turning to the year 2000, the hospital and the pharmacy stayed the same. Meanwhile, both the nursing school and the car park decreased in size and were moved eastward to make way for the expansion of the cancer centre.
Based on the number of maps prounded, this essay should have followed the 4 paragraph format. 1980 should have had its own analysis paragraph even if it was first used for a simple comparison to a more previous time. By the way, the image reference is not correct. What was presented is an illustrative map or a reference map. It is most definitely not a diagram.

As can be observed

Since the assumption for the task 1 essay is that it should be written in a descriptive analytical style, one of the violations a writer can make is to ask the reader to refer to an image directly or as an observation. Avoid such incorrect references in the future.

Home / Writing Feedback / The maps below show the changes that have taken place at Queen Mary Hospital since its construction