WRITING TASK 1/ THE MAPS BELOW SHOW THE VILLAGE OF STOKEFORD IN 1930 AND IN 2010

tuanhntta2020 4 / 9 1  
The given two maps show how the village of Stokeford changed during a period from 1930 to 2020. Overall, the village experienced a reduction in the size of farmland area as well as a significant increase in the number of new houses after almost a century.

In 1930, the village consisted mostly of farmland with a shop, a primary school, a post office and a few houses. Moreover, there was a large house built on the gardens located to the east of Stokeford.

By 2010, the village changed considerably by the total disappearance of farmland and a soaring number of new houses built along the main road. The main road running through the town was expanded into many routes and the primary school was also enlarged. The size of the gardens was narrowed and the former large house was turned into a retirement home. The only things that remained the same were the post office and the bridge crossing the River Stoke.

You have written a good number of words. You will be getting maximum scoring consideration overall. I expect that you will pass this test even if you made 4 errors in spelling, grammar, and clarity. That said, there are still some notable errors that you have to take note of.

You should write at least 3 sentences paragraph, avoiding the long sentences / run-on sentences that tend to confuse the understanding of the reader due to combined idea presentation. In the summary overview, you made a mistake in referring to the years involved. The image comparisons are from 1930 AND 2020. It is not a running comparison over several decades. You must be clear and repeating the information as presented in the original. In this case, it is a year v. year comparison. There is a difference. When they say "1930 and 1920", those are 2 different years. When you read "FROM 1930 up to 2020", then that is a running comparison.
OP tuanhntta2020 4 / 9 1  
I may have a typo in 2020 so sorry for that. I was not very aware of running comparison and year vs year comparison so I had a misunderstading. Anyway thanks for your feedback and I will try my best next time

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 1/ THE MAPS BELOW SHOW THE VILLAGE OF STOKEFORD IN 1930 AND IN 2010