Master in Entrepreneurship -AAS- How will the proposed study contribute to your career?

hendiva87 2 / 4 1  
Need some advice from you guys, thanks in advance.

How will the proposed study contribute to your career?

I have a strong desire to succeed in the business development area by becoming an entrepreneur as my future career. It is because that I am very interested in the subjects such as innovation, market research, product development, new revenue stream, and management strategy since at the business development department and strategic management division for almost five years.

Although I had that knowledge, not all of the tools worked well at my cafe. Some, like Balance Scorecard, surveys, A/B testing were too complex and not every workforce would understand. My venture is just one of a few SMEs that apply growth based innovation, even though it has an inadequate measurement. Yet, there are still more did not address itself to innovate. Hence, no wonder if numerous Indonesian SMEs are less competitive when compared to its neighbours in ASEAN.

Also, it is widely believed that SMEs have a vulnerable business management foundation when confronting internal problems and socio-economic changes. It means that many do not aware yet the urgency of risk management, taking a COVID-19 outbreak as an example. I am one of 64 million Indonesian SMEs who has been an adverse effect from this crisis. Moreover, I have to agree if I do not have an understanding of risk management needed.

To solve those issues, I highly need to acquire skill in entrepreneurship, growth based innovation and risk management. Thus, I believe a Master's degree in Entrepreneurship and Innovation can comply with what I required.

In conclusion, I hope that I can address this situation and when the problems come, I have had a practical framework thinking and its measurement.

(1779 Characters)

Holt [Contributor] - / 8,577 2488  
You are not responding to the question. How will the study contribute to your career? So you want to be an entrepreneur, what then? How does the course you have chosen to study help you towards achieving that goal? What subjects will you be studying? How are those courses relevant to your future plans? Why are these courses important?

The main question you should be answering is "Where does my career go after I complete the course?" What is the plan of action? Complete your studies and then? Do you franchise your business? Do you open a coffee truck? Do you seek ways to expand your business? What?

You have to explain the relevance of the course in relation to your career plans. So discuss the career plans first. Then relate the plans to the courses you will be studying. Towards the end of the presentation, you should have properly explained how the studies tie into your career plans. That, is how you explain how your proposed study will contribute to your career.

Don't keep looking back in your response. That is irrelevant and not useful to your application. The lack of relevance is because you are living in the past while you are being asked to plan your future. So look forward. Plan for the future. The past is where it should remain, in the past.
OP hendiva87 2 / 4 1  
Thanks for your correction and I has revised my essay based on your suggestion. Would you like to give me a review again? Thanks in advance.

My plan is going to develop the coffee shop business that contributes to the social cause. Before arriving there, first, I would like to evaluate my cafe business model after completing the study. Later, being active to take part in the social networking that I have joined with farmers, locals, government and professionals in Jogja.

Afterwards, I plot to expand the business to a small town by diversifying and popularizing their local products. There I involve locals notably youth to establish a venture that contributes socially and environmentally, as partners or even buyers. At last, I will invest my knowledge and experiences to the young entrepreneurs as a mentor.

To achieve my career goal, I need to learn at a Master's degree in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. This proposed study can fulfil my proficiency gap to build sustainable small and medium enterprises (SMEs). For example, Entrepreneurial Concepts and Mindset and Strategic Entrepreneurship that would give me required skills to evaluate business opportunities within a competitive context, with limited resources, moreover under uncertainty and then turned them into opportunities. Besides, New Venture Strategy and Growth and New Product and Service Development provide strategic skills for business development through product and service innovation. Also, because I planned to create a business that contributes to the social cause, studying Social Entrepreneurship subject could answer those needs.

Finally, this proposed study in Adelaide or Tasmania is the framework thinking that will help to attain my career growth. Along with this program, I would be able to hone my leadership, enrich my view, and improve new cooperation networks in the future.

(1736 Characters)

Home / Writing Feedback / Master in Entrepreneurship -AAS- How will the proposed study contribute to your career?