Maternity Leave: Advantages vs. Disadvantages

JanFan 4 / 6  
In many countries women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first few months after the birth of their baby. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Except from the usual holidays, women are special groups who enjoy an extra benefit, that they are allowed to have maternity leave if they give birth to babies. Although many folks take this for granted, employers might not think in the same way, for there may obviously be disadvantages to hire a female employee. For me, it depends on what kind of companies women employees are in.

The downsides to hire a female employee is rather evident. For employers, having people who are familiar with the details of the jobs work for them is vital. Otherwise it may not be able to complete these jobs of great importance, leading to a considerable loss of the company. However, females need a large amount of time to give birth. Besides, women often play a primary role in taking care of newborn babies, which distracts their attention from their work even after their returns.

On the other hand, females overtake males in some situations. A man is deemed to be more aggressive than a woman in a traditional view. Therefore it is more likely for men to change their jobs and pursue more promising ones. By contrast, being grateful to their boss because of their maternity leave, women swear their loyalty to their company, and therefore are more trustworthy.

To summarise, women do have drawbacks in terms of their absence from the jobs, while for companies that emphasise stability, women are more reliable than men.
nida26 30 / 19 5  
Hello Janfan

I will try to give you several suggestions

1. Please check the question clearly = Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?

Except from the usual holidays, women [...] on what kind of companies women employees are in.(Note : I cannot find your statement to answer the dquestion. You are supposed to mention "I believe that the advantages in this case outweighs disadvantages"

2. Please check your conclusion.
To summarise, women do have drawbacks in terms of their absence ...
( Note : It is better when your conclusion defines your statement in introduction part, For Example : All in all, there is no doubt that the advantages in this case outweighs disadvantages )

Home / Writing Feedback / Maternity Leave: Advantages vs. Disadvantages